Graduate Quantity Surveyor Development Programme Peterborough 2024
Are you ready to kickstart your career in a team where you can make a difference?
Join Skanska, a part of @one Alliance, where we think of innovative ways to keep the water flowing for years to come.
We are on the look out for a number of Graduate Quantity Surveyors to join the team, with the end goal of developing you into a future leader.
What you’ll do
- Assist the Cost Estimating team by providing robust cost estimates that align to agreed scope of works and make allowance for risks and opportunities. This includes any necessary analysis, transfer of data to procurement system and Cost Base (specialist cost software)
- Work closely with the Quantity Surveyor, Procurement team, Construction Manager and Project Delivery Manager in preparing subcontracts and procurement strategies. Ensure that they reflect agreed scope
- Produce accurate live cost forecasting, considering the programme and reporting
- Monitor and assess actual costs against baseline, value of work done, solution cost progress, affordability challenges and final outturn calculations
- Provide reports on actual costs vs. estimate & identifying underlying reasons for any variance & resolutions. Highlight, challenge & resolve variance to latest plans
- Assist the Quantity Surveyor in ensuring that all project team members (including site staff) understand the contractual arrangements, in order to meet Client & Partner organisation requirements
- Keep and maintain proper records so financial information for audits and cost assurance is readily available
This role is based in: Peterborough
Who you are
- You are in your final year of achieving a degree in Quantity Surveying or have recently graduated
- Enthusiastic about learning, personal and professional growth
- You have a strong interest in innovation, sustainability and making a positive impact
- You work collaboratively towards shared goals and targets
- You have good attention to detail
- You will enjoy working in the water sector environment
This role requires visits to sites within the Anglian Water region. As such, we would expect you to have a driving licence or work towards obtaining one within your first year or working with us.
What we offer
- Clear learning and development opportunities to prepare you for a successful and happy career
- Professional and social networking events, e.g. becoming a member of the Skanska Commercial Development Forum
- Project management and leadership development
- Support to achieve your RICS accreditation and expenses paid for annual professional membership
- Employee led networks - these include: Womxn’s, Ability, Pride, O.N.E (Origins Nationality, Ethnicity, Military) and Mental Health networks.
- An array of retail, dining, well-being and travel discounts through My Rewards
- Cycle to work scheme
- 28 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Multiple salary reviews throughout the graduate programme
- Volunteering opportunities in the local community
- You would be joining a mental health aware organisation where we offer wellbeing support through our employee assistance programme; mental health ambassador network awareness discussions and wellbeing initiatives
- Opportunities to find an area of our business in which you thrive and are passionate about
Skanska graduate programme
The two-year graduate programme provides a pathway to develop a complete skill set, developing both technical and interpersonal skills. The programme includes interesting courses and on-the-job learning.
As part of the graduate programme, teams will embark on digitalisation and social value projects. These projects provide exposure to graduates and senior colleagues in the company and build a strong professional network whilst improving the business.
Skanska Group uses knowledge and foresight to shape the way people live, work and connect. More than 135 years in the making, we are one of the world’s largest development and construction companies. We create innovative and sustainable solutions that support healthy living beyond our lifetime. Established in the UK in 2000, Skanska has more than 3,300 local experts delivering projects across sectors including real estate, defence, education, highways, rail and water.