Graduate Solutions Engineer Development Programme Peterborough 2024
We are excited to launch our Graduate roles, starting in September 2024!
Are you ready to kickstart your career in a team where you can make a difference?
Join Skanska, a part of @one Alliance, where we think of innovative ways to keep the water flowing for years to come.
We are on the look out for two Graduate Solutions Engineers who will gain a holistic understanding of the @one Alliance and contribute to the development of solutions and suitable designs of water systems. You will be working towards achieving the goals of Anglian Water in terms of customer, environment, and efficiency.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with the Solutions Managers, Operations and Design Teams to collect data and generate options, feeding the Risk Opportunity Value (ROV) process so a single preferred option can be agreed early in the project life cycle
- Rotate across the Solutions team to gain exposure to both clean water and water recycling adding your fresh and innovative ideas to our processes
- Work alongside experienced engineers with various design disciplines to develop industry leading solutions
- Have the opportunity to take part in this two-year graduate programme which will help you build on your degree and establish a career where you’ll have the freedom to learn, achieve your ambitions, and leave your mark on the communities in which we work
- Be accountable for your own development by working outside of natural comfort zones and learning from mistakes
- Utilise your presence in different teams to share knowledge and create efficiencies where possible
Who you are
- You will hold or be in your final year of achieving a degree in process science/engineering-related subject, however, we can be flexible. We are more focused on your motivation, values and forward thinking.
- Always operating with the customer at the heart of what you do
- You enjoy working with data and analysis to underpin your ideas
- Enthusiastic about learning, personal and professional growth
- You have a strong interest in sustainability
- You have a desire to make a positive impact by working collaboratively towards shared goals and targets
- Motivated to solve complex engineering challenges with the ability to think ‘outside the box’
What we offer
- Clear learning and development opportunities to build your knowledge, skills, and behaviours to prepare you for a successful and happy career
- Support and guidance from experienced leaders and teams
- Professional and social events
- Opportunities to volunteer in the local community at least one day per year
- Support to achieve your professional accreditation and expenses covered for the professional membership of your choice
- Access to our employee networks - these include: Womxn’s, Ability, Pride network, O.N.E (Origins Nationality Ethnicity, Military and Mental Health networks
- My Rewards – an array of retail, dining, well-being and travel discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Cost of living support through salary finance
- Flex-It programme to achieve a work life balance
- You would be joining a mental health aware organisation where we offer wellbeing support through our employee assistance programme; mental health ambassador network and awareness discussions
- Opportunities to find an area of our business in which you thrive and are passionate about
Skanska Group uses knowledge and foresight to shape the way people live, work and connect. More than 135 years in the making, we are one of the world’s largest development and construction companies. We create innovative and sustainable solutions that support healthy living beyond our lifetime. Established in the UK in 2000, Skanska has more than 3,300 local experts delivering projects across sectors including real estate, defence, education, highways, rail and water.