Automated Software Testing Graduate Programme 2021
Our passion? Connecting our customers to more of what they love. To do this we need to make sure we’re constantly delivering quality service and products. Make an impact by producing test coverage and ensuring software is delivered to the highest standard.
Join the teams that built Sky Mobile, NOW TV and Sky Q. Create products used by millions. Use cutting-edge tech. Deliver top-quality software. Learn the fundamentals of software engineering, testing and gain an understanding of DevOps. Collaborate with our software teams across the globe on video streaming platforms. There’s only one place you’ll see action like this in your career – and that’s Sky.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll learn a lot in seven months. After five weeks, you’ll be familiar with major software engineering and testing principles, as well as DevOps and test-driven development. Master the fundamentals of performance and API, mobile and hardware testing. And the security principles that underpin all our work. Over the remaining six months, with our guidance, you’ll put your newly acquired skills into practice on current projects before moving into a delivery team, where you will continue your career as an Associate Tester.
On this programme you’ll ensure software is delivered to an excellent standard within a busy agile team, where quality is the highest priority. This could include
- Identify and negotiate business objectives to deliver quality, customer-focused testing solutions
- Collaborate with developers to maintain and improve our test suites
- Stay up to date on the status of tests, offering solutions as needed
- Help us deliver continuous, quality code that matches business requirements.
- Programme duration is 7 months, rolling off into a permanent position
- Expected start is September 2021.
What we’re looking for
- A graduate in any degree discipline or soon will be
- Have passion for software and technology
- Be familiar with a modern-day test framework
- Familiar with applying quality assurance processes to software applications
- Aware of Agile methodologies
- A quick learner and team player
- Analytical and enjoy using logic to solve problems.
Your application journey
- First, complete our short application form by entering your details and academic information. Once your application has been submitted, you’ll be invited to complete our immersive digital assessments. This may land in your junk folder so don’t forget to check it. Complete the assessments successfully and you’ll be considered for our assessment centre.
- The first digital assessment looks at your behavioural and cognitive strengths through several questions.
- For the final stage of your application, we’ll invite you to a digital assessment centre and give you some tasks to get to know you better. The day will give you a practical insight into the role and will assess your technical aptitude.
Once you’ve completed your assessment day, we’ll let you know when you can expect to hear back from us.