Data and Analytics Internship 2021
Join the team that manages data and transforms it into actionable information across Sky. Creating new products. Exploring new markets. Innovating ways to communicate with our customers. You can even help predict what the future of our multi-billion-pound business looks like.
Get first-hand experience on industry leading projects. Try your hand in data management, governance & ethics, channel analytics & experimentation, advanced analytics, digital decisioning or econometrics. You’ll be involved in innovative and exciting new projects, helping meet the information requirements for the next big Sky campaign.
You’ll learn from the best in industry get support in bringing your ideas to life. Impress us, and we may well offer you a full-time position on our data and analytics programme once you graduate – starting summer 2022.
What you’ll be doing
What you’ll be doing really depends on the team you join, but you can expect exposure to:
- Support key analytical and econometrics modelling projects, and lead on smaller scale assignments
- Experience a range of techniques to shape analytical approaches, including forecasting, segmentation, predictive analytics, machine/deep learning
- Contribute to establishing scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses, model development and implementation
- Develop relationships with stakeholders to understand their business needs and implement customer-centric solutions that help them meet their targets
- Learn how the data is sourced, held and managed within a corporate environment and complies with UK laws and ethical best practices.
- This role is based in Osterley, west London
- This internship will be 8 weeks
- Expected start July 2021.
How you’ll be supported
Be Brilliant – How? We give you freedom. Support. The chance to try things your way – forging your ideal career path, or developing something totally new. It means you can do more. Make an impact. Get noticed. And it means with the right attitude, anything’s possible.
Digital Development – Whenever you want it. Access 3,000 LinkedIn Learning courses at a time that suits you. We’ll suggest courses that we think are key, then it’s over to you.
Support Network – Whatever path you choose we’ll be right there with you. You’ll get to team up with a grad who’s been there and done it and have a manager who’ll stretch and guide you to where you want to go.
What we’re looking for
You’re currently studying for an undergraduate degree, and in your penultimate year of study. You’re likely to be studying a numerate degree in maths, statistics, economics, or physics or be able to demonstrate your understanding of the use of data. Other skills you may have include:
- An enthusiastic problem-solver, with numerical, presentation and IT skills
- Logical, end to end thinker
- Enjoy task-focused delivery, a fast pace environment and overcoming challenges
- Collaborative, great with people and keen on following recent trends in the market.
Your application journey
First, complete our short application form by entering your details and academic information. Once your application has been submitted, you will be invited (so look out for our email, you may need to check your junk mail just in case) to our immersive digital assessments. Your programme requires two digital assessments to be completed prior to shortlisting to the assessment centre.
The first digital assessment looks at your behavioural and cognitive strengths through several questions. In the second digital assessment you will be required to review various sets of information and be asked questions related to this. Part of this stage will include a recorded video interview. But don’t worry there will be practice round.
The final stage of your application will be a (surprise, virtual) assessment day. You’ll have the opportunity to impress us through a variety of tasks, which may include a group discussion, an individual interview, and smaller programme related exercises.
Once you’ve completed your assessment day, we’ll let you know when you can expect to hear back from us.