Software Developer Graduate Programme 2021
Join the experts behind Sky Mobile, NOW TV and Sky Q. Whatever your project, you’ll be in the driving seat from day one, designing the software that steers us to success.
Change the way customers interact with the NOW TV interface. Collaborate with our software teams across the globe on video streaming platforms. Create software technology that influences the way they watch their favourite shows. Use cutting-edge technology and contribute to the success of current and future products. Develop software that underpins our products and improves how we work. Make an impact and get all the support you need to do your best work. There’s only one place you’ll see action like this in your career – and that’s Sky.
What you’ll be doing
The software development programme might see you create the NOW TV interface, develop capabilities for our front-end platforms or become a full stack developer for our search and recommendations team.
You’ll learn a lot on this seven-month programme. After just five weeks, you’ll be familiar with the major software engineering principles, Java development, test-driven development, continuous build, and integration. Over the remaining six months, with our guidance, you’ll put your newly acquired skills into practice on live projects, before moving into a delivery team where you will continue your career as an Associate Software Developer.
On this programme you’ll ensure software is delivered to an excellent standard within a busy agile team, where quality is the highest priority. This could include:
- Deliver and support the development of our software products
- Team up with software professionals to create high-quality, testable products designed to engage our customers
- Produce software through iteration using Agile delivery principles
- Programme duration is 7 months, rolling off into a permanent position
- Expected start September 2021 starting with a 5-week boot camp.
What we’re looking for
- A graduate in any degree discipline or soon will be
- Ability to code using modern day web languages
- Have created software applications using modern-day web languages either at university, at home or in industry.
- Have passion for software and technology
- A quick learner and a team player
- Aware of Agile methodologies.
Your application journey
- First, complete our short application form by entering your details and academic information. Once your application has been submitted, you’ll be invited to complete our immersive digital assessments. This may land in your junk folder so don’t forget to check it. Complete the assessments successfully and you’ll be considered for our assessment centre.
- The first digital assessment looks at your behavioural and cognitive strengths through several questions.
- In the last digital assessment, you will be required to review various sets of information and be asked questions related to this. Part of this stage will include a recorded video interview. But don’t worry there will be practice round.
- For the final stage of your application, we’ll invite you to a digital assessment centre and give you some tasks to get to know you better. The day will give you a practical insight into the role and will assess your technical aptitude.
Once you’ve completed your assessment day, we’ll let you know when you can expect to hear back from us.