Graduate Programme, Audit (Risk Advisory) - 2024
Evelyn Partners is the UK’s leading integrated wealth management and professional services group, with over 186 years of experience in helping generations of people and businesses to thrive. We offer an extensive range of financial and professional services to individuals, family trusts, professional intermediaries, charities and businesses.
We provide an award-winning service for our clients by employing the best people. Join us on our mission to place the power of good advice into more hands because we believe that everyone deserves access to good advice, regardless of where they’re at in their financial journey.
As a high growth organisation, we offer personal growth opportunities in an environment that empowers you to drive change. Our collaborative, open door culture supports you to perform at your best, with high levels of autonomy and a strong partnership mindset across the organisation.
Many businesses need to reassure their Boards, investors and stakeholders on their governance, risk, and internal control arrangements, alongside improving their systems and processes to enable them to deliver on their strategic outcomes. The team provides wide-reaching risk advisory services to clients across several industries and sectors, ranging from advising on business or technology change projects through to embedding new and novel approaches to managing organisational risk.
What will you be doing?
You will be joining a fast-growing team consisting of internal audit professionals, enterprise risk management specialists, counter fraud specialists, and technology assurance experts who are passionate about what they do.
In the initial years of this graduate pathway, you will be deeply involved in understanding and assessing a client’s business processes, covering all aspects of their operations. This will include their IT environment, supply chain, reporting structures, identifying and reviewing the risks, and working with the senior stakeholders to tailor pragmatic solutions that further enhances their design and operation. This will enable you to develop in depth core business advisory skills as well as gaining exposure a variety of businesses and industries.
Your responsibilities will include
- Working as part of a team to undertake both advisory and assurance assignments covering a variety of internal audit, governance, and risk management activities.
- Be the face of Evelyn Partners, developing an understanding of our clients and their business, building strong working relationships
- Undertaking research into innovative solutions for our clients as well as in the development of the Risk Advisory practice
- Prioritising tasks whilst monitoring time against budget
To be successful in this role, you should
- Be committed to completing the Associate Chartered Accountant (ACA) qualification, on a Level 7 apprenticeship
- Have obtained or be predicted a minimum 2:2 degree, in any discipline
- A Level: Minimum 112 UCAS points (or equivalent), excluding General Studies
- GCSE: Minimum Grade 5 (or equivalent), in English Language and Maths respectively
Learning & Development
You’ll be supported in completing your qualification; gaining the finance knowledge, accountancy skills and real-world business experience to jumpstart your career in accountancy, tax and business advisory. And you won’t do it alone - you’ll be joining as part of a cohort with your own personal support network, including a buddy to offer first-hand experience. Your qualification training will be supported by a leading UK training provider, and you’ll be given the space and time to study whilst developing a variety of skills to become a well-rounded advisor. You’ll receive guidance and support each step of the way by our dedicated Learning & Development team and training contact for your department to make sure you have everything you need to realise your potential from day one.
As a colleague here at Evelyn Partners you will have access to benefits that include:
- Competitive salary
- Private medical insurance
- Online GP service
- Life assurance
- Pension contribution
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount scheme
- Two volunteer days per year
- Charity contribution match
- Holiday package
- Option to purchase additional holiday
We value all the benefits that a diverse team brings.When you join Evelyn Partners, you’ll have access to a wide range of active employee resource groups and multiple diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives. As a colleague, we want to work with you, regardless of your identity, background, or circumstance, to achieve your full potential in a supportive and inclusive environment.
For us to make the process as easy as possible for you, please let us know of any reasonable adjustments you may need on your application form.
Important notes for completing your application
When you click on the ‘I’m interested’ button you’ll be taken to your profile page. We’re in the process of updating it but in the meantime:
- Under the ‘Experience’ section, if you do not have any experience please enter ‘N/A’ into the ‘Title’ text box and choose a random end and start date
- Under the ‘Education’ section you do NOT need to include all your education details as we’ll ask for this separately once you’ve completed your profile. All you need to do is fill in the ‘Institution’ (aka University) question which is mandatory. If you have more than one degree please include your latest one.
- Under the ‘Resume’ (aka CV) section, it is mandatory for you to upload a document; however, this will not be formally reviewed.
- The ‘Message to Hiring Manager’ text box is NOT mandatory and will not be formally reviewed.