Internship Programme, Restructuring & Recovery Services - 2024
Evelyn Partners is the UK’s leading integrated wealth management and professional services group, with over 186 years of experience in helping generations of people and businesses to thrive. We offer an extensive range of financial and professional services to individuals, family trusts, professional intermediaries, charities and businesses.
We provide an award-winning service for our clients by employing the best people. Join us on our mission to place the power of good advice into more hands because we believe that everyone deserves access to good advice, regardless of where they’re at in their financial journey.
As a high growth organisation, we offer personal growth opportunities in an environment that empowers you to drive change. Our collaborative, open door culture supports you to perform at your best, with high levels of autonomy and a strong partnership mindset across the organisation.
Evelyn Partners' restructuring and insolvency practitioners combine in-depth expertise and broad experience to provide assistance to a range of clients facing financial difficulties.
Our team aims to recover value for our clients’ creditors – through our advisory services, negotiations relating to business structuring, debt restructuring or formal insolvency. In many cases, we act as a bridge between key stakeholders to appraise practical solutions.
What will you be doing?
The intern’s role is to support experienced staff with insolvency case management and compliance with both legal and best practice requirements. You will gain working knowledge of all regulatory and statutory requirements, including statements of Insolvency Practice and other best practice, Risk Management and Anti-Money Laundering requirements.
Your responsibilities will include
- Occasional client contact in conjunction with more senior staff.
- Dealing with creditor and other enquiries relating to insolvency cases
- Dealing with external agents and advisers (primarily lawyers) on routine matters
- Perform work in line with legal and best practice requirements
- Maintain physical and electronic records in formal insolvency cases
- Understand and appreciate key commercial aspects of the insolvent company’s business.
- Manage case portfolios, in compliance with statutory, regulatory, and internal procedures
- Report to senior staff on a regular basis, including preparation of monthly case reviews
- Liaise with more senior staff regarding any issues to identify and implement best solutions
- Review information analytics to facilitate case strategy or to fulfil reporting requirements
- Collect and sell assets with the assistance of agents
- Draft documents required for statutory processes (e.g. notices of general meeting, circulars to creditors, progress reports)
- Draft routine case correspondence
- Support clerical tasks, such as file maintenance, telephone/email creditor enquiries, preparation of minutes etc
To be successful in this role, you should
- Be available from 1st July – 9th August 2024
- Be in your penultimate year of university
- On course for at least a predicted 2:2 degree, in any discipline
- A Level: Minimum 112 UCAS points in top three A Levels (or equivalent), excluding General Studies
- GCSE: Minimum Grade 5 (or equivalent), in English Language and Maths respectively
We value all the benefits that a diverse team brings. When you join Evelyn Partners, you’ll have access to a wide range of active employee resource groups and multiple diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives. As a colleague, we want to work with you, regardless of your identity, background, or circumstance, to achieve your full potential in a supportive and inclusive environment.
For us to make the process as easy as possible for you, please let us know of any reasonable adjustments you may need on your application form.
Important notes for completing your application
When you click on the ‘I’m interested’ button you’ll be taken to your profile page. We’re in the process of updating it but in the meantime:
- Under the ‘Experience’ section, if you do not have any experience please enter ‘N/A’ into the ‘Title’ text box and choose a random end and start date
- Under the ‘Education’ section you do NOT need to include all your education details as we’ll ask for this separately once you’ve completed your profile. All you need to do is fill in the ‘Institution’ (aka University) question which is mandatory. If you have more than one degree please include your latest one.
- Under the ‘Resume’ (aka CV) section, it is mandatory for you to upload a document; however, this will not be formally reviewed.
- The ‘Message to Hiring Manager’ text box is NOT mandatory and will not be formally reviewed.