Trainee, Financial Planning (Graduate)
Evelyn Partners is the UK’s leading integrated wealth management and professional services group, with over 186 years of experience in helping generations of people and businesses to thrive. We offer an extensive range of financial and professional services to individuals, family trusts, professional intermediaries, charities and businesses.
We provide an award-winning service for our clients by employing the best people. Join us on our mission to place the power of good advice into more hands because we believe that everyone deserves access to good advice, regardless of where they’re at in their financial journey.
As a high growth organisation, we offer personal growth opportunities in an environment that empowers you to drive change. Our collaborative, open door culture supports you to perform at your best, with high levels of autonomy and a strong partnership mindset across the organisation.
It takes a proven skillset and knowledge base to earn the trust of a client. Our Financial Planning service aims to understand the needs of our clients so we can create bespoke financial plans and portfolios tailored to each individual client’s personal needs. Our goal is to support them, by building a plan with them, to ensure all life’s stages, opportunities and challenges are covered whilst also preserving and growing their wealth.
Our Financial Planning teams work with private individuals, trusts and businesses to help achieve their financial aspirations whilst also planning for unforeseen events. We do this by understanding their wider personal situation, their financial assets, their requirements and objectives, attitude to risk and time-horizons to create and manage and nurture the most suitable financial plan.
What will you be doing?
As a Trainee, Financial Planning, you will be learning a well-respected profession at a firm with an unparalleled reputation. We will teach you how to build relationships, assess a client’s complete financial position, build flexible plans to evolve with them whilst also supporting these plans with appropriate recommendations of services and products that will deliver their needs, goals and aspirations. Partnering with your colleagues in Investment Management, you will build a knowledge of portfolio construction and how these portfolios are used a vehicle for delivery of financial goals.
We believe that hands-on experience is key to creating well-rounded trusted advisers and as such you will work on front office financial planning tasks alongside studying for the Personal Finance Society Diploma, before moving froward to becoming a Chartered Financial Planner through the Chartered Insurance Institute.
Your responsibilities will include
- Assisting qualified financial planners and their support teams with new and existing client work.
- Supporting the preparation of new financial plans and monitoring and adapting existing plans, including research and analysis.
- Drafting client correspondence and speaking to clients in the course of preserving and growing their wealth: Including preparing valuation and review packs for regular meetings.
- Communicating with other Advisers on client matters e.g. Investment Managers, Tax Advisers and Solicitors
To be successful in this role, you should
- Be committed to completing the Personal Finance Society Diploma (DipPFS) and CII Chartered Financial Planner.
- Have obtained or be predicted a minimum 2:1 degree, in any discipline
- A Level: Minimum 112 UCAS points in top three A Levels (or equivalent), excluding General Studies
- GCSE: Minimum Grade 5 (or equivalent), in English Language and Maths respectively
Learning & Development
You’ll be supported in completing your professional qualification via our partnerships with market leading training providers; allowing you to gain the expert knowledge needed to jumpstart your career in Financial Planning. The training will ensure that you develop a broad range of skills whilst learning how to apply your new knowledge to real client scenarios. And you won’t do it alone - you’ll be joining as part of a cohort with your own personal support network, including a buddy to offer first-hand experience. You’ll receive guidance and support each step of the way by our dedicated Learning & Development team and training contact for your department to make sure you have everything you need to realise your potential from day one.
As a colleague here at Evelyn Partners you will have access to benefits that include:
- Competitive salary
- Private medical insurance
- Online GP service
- Life assurance
- Pension contribution
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount scheme
- Two volunteer days per year
- Charity contribution match
- Holiday package
- Option to purchase additional holiday
We value all the benefits that a diverse team brings. When you join Evelyn Partners, you’ll have access to a wide range of active employee resource groups and multiple diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives. As a colleague, we want to work with you, regardless of your identity, background, or circumstance, to achieve your full potential in a supportive and inclusive environment.
For us to make the process as easy as possible for you, please let us know of any reasonable adjustments you may need on your application form.
Important notes for completing your application
When you click on the ‘I’m interested’ button you’ll be taken to your profile page. We’re in the process of updating it but in the meantime:
- Under the ‘Experience’ section, if you do not have any experience please enter ‘N/A’ into the ‘Title’ text box and choose a random end and start date
- Under the ‘Education’ section you do NOT need to include all your education details as we’ll ask for this separately once you’ve completed your profile. All you need to do is fill in the ‘Institution’ (aka University) question which is mandatory. If you have more than one degree please include your latest one.
- Under the ‘Resume’ (aka CV) section, it is mandatory for you to upload a document; however, this will not be formally reviewed.
- The ‘Message to Hiring Manager’ text box is NOT mandatory and will not be formally reviewed.