Private Banking Apprenticeship – Client Facing role – Gibraltar
Join us as a Client Facing Apprentice on a 22-month contract, the apprenticeship programme will consist of 3 department rotations within the Front Office Teams, giving you valuable exposure in each department. Depending on your strengths, career aspirations and business needs departments could include Client Services, Private Banking Client Relationship Management, Investment Management, Credit, Wealth Planning, Trust and the Business Management and Strategy Office.
The apprenticeship is a structured programme with a variety of core learnings, optional learnings, networking sessions and we will support and fund a formal Apprenticeship qualification and a Professional Qualification. The qualification will vary depending on your level of study but is likely to be the CISI Level 4 Investment Advice Diploma, this is the first step to becoming a Client Relationship Manager.
Every member of staff, regardless of role, contributes creating longstanding and personal relationships with our clients, while offering them a greater level of service and opportunity.
Roles and Responsibilities
All training and support will be provided, and duties may vary depending on your rotation.
- You will collaborate and provide administrative support within front office revenue generating divisions, working closely with a variety of different colleagues ranging from junior to senior.
- You will be involved with ad-hoc projects, be required to meet project deadlines in addition to business as usual work in collaboration with colleagues.
- You will learn and gain knowledge of business process, standards, policies, and procedures including internal risk management, and how to exercise good judgement skills to prevent fraud.
- You will undertake a variety of mandatory, soft skill and technical skill learning sessions about regulations that apply to banking, our people, and our clients.
- Perform all duties in accordance with the principles outlined in the SGP Code of Conduct, as well as the policies and procedures relevant to your responsibilities, to ensure that you adhere to a culture that treats clients fairly and ensures good client outcomes
Skills and Experience
- We are looking for individuals interested in Private Banking and who display our values of Team Spirit, Responsibility, Innovation and our Commitment to each other (Colleagues, employees and clients alike).
- Have natural ability and enjoy working with clients, supporting them over the phone, email and occasionally in person.
- Be curious, point out opportunities, generate ideas and solutions for improvements present information in a confident and compelling manner.
- Focus and complete task in a timely manner and to a high standard, be able to manage your own workload and prioritise deliverables.
- Working knowledge of MS Office; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other relevant IT skills
- Interest or academic knowledge of regulations applying to the financial services industry, its staff, and our clients. Be aware of the importance of integrity and honesty and willingness to do the right thing, following the rules and guidance in situations.
THIS IS WHAT YOU NEED
We’re looking for students who are finishing their degree or A-Levels 2024, the subjects are not important or happy to start in July 2024.
We value diversity and collaboration, when you bring people together with different backgrounds and experiences, they offer fresh perspectives and innovative ways of working, which in turn boosts creativity and productivity
This is a place where you’re encouraged to contribute from day one, so you’ll be a great fit if you’re motivated, entrepreneurial and resourceful. To succeed in a collaborative, fast-changing and fast-paced environment, you’ll also need to be adaptable and a quick learner, with great attention to detail.
Step 1: Applications are open from 5th September to 5th November
Step 2: Online assessments
Step 3: One-way video interview
Step 4: Virtual assessment centre
Step 5: Final interview
Step 6: Written offers will be confirmed early 2024
Start date: Early July 2024
We are committed to creating an inclusive assessment experience for everyone. Before taking any assessment, you will have the opportunity to get in touch with our assessment provider to share if there is anything that can be done to optimise your assessment experience so you can better show your skills, or if you feel you need an adjustment at any point.