Technical Sales Engineer Track (FAST Rotation Program) Manchester 2023
We can't predict what the future holds, but we know Texas Instruments will have a part in shaping it.
TI’s FAST (Field Applications & Sales Training) Rotation Program is designed to prepare Sales & Applications team members for customer-oriented careers that pair technical skills with business perspectives. The program provides experiences that help rising TIers understand how to successfully grow TI’s business and to thrive throughout their entire TI career. There are two available FAST program tracks: (1) Field Applications and (2) Technical Sales.
About the program
This 7-month experience aims to teach Technical Sales Associates (TSAs) how to build and manage customer relationships, and how to influence decisions to grow TI’s revenue. The track includes three rotations*:
- Rotation 1, Field Sales Office (FSO): This 3-month rotation integrates Technical Sales Associates with a local TI sales team, offering first-hand experience of TI’s sales process. You will partner with customers and internal teams to uncover and win every possible customer opportunity, and also leverage our one-of-a-kind virtual account system to learn how to find, define, and win opportunities in a mix of real-time and simulated environments.
- Rotation 2, Sales Operations: This 2-month rotation provides first-hand experience working with the pricing and customer service teams. Focus areas for this rotation include pricing models, supply chain functions, price negotiation, and an overview of pricing guidelines, laws, procedures and tools.
- Rotation 3, Product Marketing: This 2-month rotation focuses on the relationship between sales and a particular product line. This rotation helps you understand product life cycles, roadmap development, marketing approaches, and ways to collaborate with product marketing to win at the customer.
Upon successful completion of this track in the FAST program, rotators are welcomed as Technical Sales Representatives (TSRs) on TI’s Worldwide Sales & Applications team. Technicial Sales Representative responsibilities include:
- Using technical expertise, various sales tools and relationships with engineering teams to identify projects
- Managing and quantifying leads, and managing the commercial aspects of customer relationships
- Developing, forecasting and monitoring an annual plan for revenue growth
Texas Instruments will not sponsor job applicants for visas or work authorization for this position.
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or related field
- Minimum 2.1 or above
- Fluent in English, both written and oral communication skills
- Ability to establish strong relationships with key stakeholders critical to success, both internally and externally
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to quickly ramp on new systems and processes
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in teams and collaborate effectively with people in different functions
- Ability to take the initiative and drive for results
- Strong time management skills that enable on-time project delivery
- Engineer your future. We empower our employees to truly own their career and development. Come collaborate with some of the smartest people in the world to shape the future of electronics.
- We’re different by design. Diverse backgrounds and perspectives are what push innovation forward and what make TI stronger. We value each and every voice, and look forward to hearing yours. Meet the people of TI
- Benefits that benefit you. We offer competitive pay and benefits designed to help you and your family live your best life. Your well-being is important to us.
About Texas Instruments
As a global semiconductor company, we design, manufacture, test and sell analog and embedded processing chips to nearly 100,000 customers. Our products enable electronics everywhere and in things you experience every day – from health care, smart homes and connected cars to drones, smart phones and more. Our passion to create a better and more sustainable world by making electronics more affordable through semiconductors drives us to make our technology smaller, more efficient, more reliable and more affordable.
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment.
If you are interested in this position, please apply to this requisition.