Entry Level Systems Engineer Templecombe 2023
The Junior Systems Engineer will be working on a project in one of the ISR portfolios. This role will perform some of the engineering activities required to develop a solution/product whilst achieving customer satisfaction of the delivered solution/ product, under the supervision of senior engineers in the team. The position requires a motivation to learn and develop knowledge and experience of the full systems engineering life cycle.
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Formalisation and management of requirements through DOORS.
- Formalisation of the specifications used to develop the solution.
- Support and undertake IVVQ activities.
- Trade-off analysis, modelling and simulation.
- SE and IVVQ related documentation.
- Support project safety and airworthiness requirements and understand their implications on implementation activities.
- To work towards developing domain and engineering knowledge and skills through a DAP and ideally targeting a C Eng by developing skills and experience against an appropriate knowledge framework such as IET or INCOSE.
Qualifications and requirements
- 1st/2nd class engineering degree. Masters preferred.
- Good team-working skills (and being able to work without supervision)
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to learn and to be challenged
- Ability to recognise shortfalls and a determination to resolve them
- Attention to detail, with a focused and methodical approach
- A willingness to challenge others.
- An ability to work in accordance with recognised and agreed processes and plans but to challenge those processes and plans if improvements can be identified.
What we can offer
We’re committed to giving you opportunities to be your best. We believe in embracing the passion and potential of our people, and to achieve this we offer market leading training, development and experiences, along with the opportunity to be mentored and coached by some of the smartest minds in the industry. We hire from within as our first priority, so you’ll have a myriad of opportunities within our diverse, global organisation.
Our packages will include bonus, a strong pension contribute plan matched up to 7%, Private healthcare, development focused targets and relocation support can be provided if required along with a variety of learning, development and career enhancement opportunities.
In line with Thales' Baseline Security requirements, candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history for up to three years. Some vacancies may require full Security Clearance which can require further evidence to be provided. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working.
Thales UK is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free recruitment process. We will provide reasonable adjustments and support to ensure neuro-diverse applicants or those with a disability or long-term condition can be their best during the recruitment process. To request an adjustment, if you need this job advert in an alternative format or if you have any questions about the recruitment process, please contact Resourcing Ops for mid to senior roles, or the Early Careers Team for graduate and apprentice roles.
Great journeys start here, apply now!