QA Engineering Placement Audio & MIDI Hardware, Software, Firmware Testing High Wycombe 2024
Are you about to graduate from university, or are you a current student looking for a one-year internship? Are you passionate and knowledgeable about music, audio technology and recording?
If you have answered yes to both of the above, we’d love to hear from you! We are looking for a passionate and enthusiastic intern to join our Quality Assurance team for a 12-month placement and help us test the next generations of our industry leading audio interfaces.
You’ll work closely with the rest of the QA Team, and other members of the Engineering Department, including Product and Project Managers, as well as Hardware, Software and Firmware Developers.
Key activities include:
- Supporting our existing users with testing for maintenance updates, as well as ensuring on-going compatibility with third party software and hardware releases
- Performing functional, non-functional, and exploratory testing on new products under development
- Helping to keep our automated test rigs running, responding to any issues with our systems to maximise uptime and test coverage
- Analysing test results and logs, including those from our automated test-runs, reporting any issues/patterns to the appropriate development teams
- Helping to validate that new technologies and product concepts are fit for purpose
An ideal candidate is likely to be
- Working towards a degree-level qualification in science, engineering, technology, or related discipline
- Interested in quality, and able to appreciate what this means in practice to our users
- A clear communicator, methodical and rigorous, with a logical approach to problem solving
- Familiar with computers, and the use of Command Line Interfaces. Basic scripting ability and an interest in programming would also be an advantage
- Passionate and knowledgeable about music, audio technology
Doing a 12-month placement at Focusrite is like becoming one of the family. A rapidly growing, global family. We’re focused on providing opportunities for everyone and anyone to enjoy creating music.
Our placements are very popular, and that’s mainly because you can really get stuck in during your year with us. We don’t ask you to answer the phones and do the photocopying. We want you to help develop our products, market our brands, speak to our customers and make us better. A lot of our previous placements candidates are now full-time employees.
All placements last for 12-months. We pay you £21255 per year (£23303 for London-based roles), and you get to share some of the same benefits as our permanent employees.
Our eleven brands, Focusrite, Focusrite Pro, Novation, Ampify, ADAM Audio, Martin Audio, Optimal Audio, Linea Research, Sequential, Oberheim and Sonnox come together around a common mission to remove barriers to creativity.
We work hard. We are professional. And we play hard too. We select really, really talented and passionate people. And we absolutely love our work. So if you think you can bring something new to the mix, we look forward to hearing from you.
Please apply for as many of our placements as you wish.
Timetable for applications
Deadline to apply: Monday 8th January 2024
Interviews: February/March 2024
Offers made by: Friday 29th March 2024
As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage people to apply regardless of religion, ethnic background, nationality, sexual orientation or gender identity. We recognise the diversity shortcomings of our industry and are committed to driving change. Equally, we recognise the major impact that climate change is having on our world and work every day towards being industry leaders in a carbon neutral future.