Technical Support Engineer Placement High Wycombe 2024
As a Technical Support Engineer, the applicant will be responsible for helping to maintain the high level of customer service we provide. They will work as part of a global cross-functional team answering pre and post sales customer enquiries by phone, email and live chat, and working proactively to reduce the number of customer enquiries.
- Act as focal point for pre/post sales and technical enquiries via phone, email and live chat relating to the Focusrite and Novation product lines.
- Recreate end-user setups to replicate issues reported in the field and submit bug reports to the development team.
- Coordinate warranty and non-warranty repair bookings for dealers and customers.
- Represent the Technical Support team and our customer base during the development phase of exciting new products.
Abilities, skills and experience required
- The ability and readiness to work well as part of a team
- Knowledge of audio interfaces, MIDI control, home/studio recording setups and music production
- Experience with Mac OS and Windows systems
- DAW knowledge (e.g. Pro-Tools, Logic, Cubase)
- A polite, patient and helpful phone manner
- Experience dealing with customers
Doing a 12-month placement at Focusrite is like becoming one of the family. A rapidly growing, global family. We’re focused on providing opportunities for everyone and anyone to enjoy creating music.
Our placements are very popular, and that’s mainly because you can really get stuck in during your year with us. We don’t ask you to answer the phones and do the photocopying. We want you to help develop our products, market our brands, speak to our customers and make us better. A lot of our previous placements candidates are now full-time employees.
All placements last for 12-months. We pay you £21255 per year (£23303 for London-based roles), and you get to share some of the same benefits as our permanent employees.
Our eleven brands, Focusrite, Focusrite Pro, Novation, Ampify, ADAM Audio, Martin Audio, Optimal Audio, Linea Research, Sequential, Oberheim and Sonnox come together around a common mission to remove barriers to creativity.
We work hard. We are professional. And we play hard too. We select really, really talented and passionate people. And we absolutely love our work. So if you think you can bring something new to the mix, we look forward to hearing from you.
Please apply for as many of our placements as you wish.
Timetable for applications
Deadline to apply: Monday 8th January 2024
Interviews: February/March 2024
Offers made by: Friday 29th March 2024
As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage people to apply regardless of religion, ethnic background, nationality, sexual orientation or gender identity. We recognise the diversity shortcomings of our industry and are committed to driving change. Equally, we recognise the major impact that climate change is having on our world and work every day towards being industry leaders in a carbon neutral future.