Quantity Surveyor Industrial Placement Thames Valley 2024
Make your year in work count with our 12-month placement, a fantastic opportunity for you to gain invaluable experience and develop the professional skills needed to launch your career. We offer support and mentoring from experienced professionals throughout this journey to help you grow and develop your skills whilst giving you the opportunity to work on exciting and challenging projects.
So, where better than to come and join Tilbury Douglas! We are a reputable leading UK building, infrastructure, engineering and fit out company and can offer both exciting and varied projects providing the perfect opportunity for you to fulfil your career ambitions within construction!
The things that make us different make us stronger, which is why diversity is plays such a key role in Tilbury Douglas. An inclusive culture drives business success and benefits everyone. We know by introducing a diverse workforce, new ways of thinking, innovative approaches which have not yet been explored will be introduced and everyone makes a difference including you!
We invest in our people, their health and wellbeing are integral to what we do. Working at Tilbury Douglas is a rewarding environment. It is our people who make Tilbury Douglas a success, and you can be part of building a better future!
We have sites in and around Thames Valley Region working with our Infrastructure (Water South Team and Thames Water Framework).
- Currently studying towards a degree in Quantity Surveying (or related quantity surveying degree)
- Hold a full UK driving licence and will have access to a vehicle for the duration of the placement
What you can bring
- Strong numeracy skills and the ability to learn sophisticated design and costing IT packages
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings (with training)
- Ability to write clear and precise reports and to relate complex information simply to a diverse range of people
- Ability to work in a multi-functional and dynamic team environment assisting with the smooth running of a variety of projects
- Self-motivated with the enthusiasm to learn and develop
- Ability to take responsibility and be accountable
- Attention to detail with the ability to meet deadlines
- Practical and logical qualities with a methodical way of thinking
- Creative and innovative approach to problem-solving
- Strong communication skills
What we can offer you
- Salary of £20,000 per annum (paid pro rata for placements of less than 12 months)
- 12 months placement on live construction projects
- Support from our professionally qualified team to coach and mentor you, providing you with quality site experience
- Opportunity to be sponsored by Tilbury Douglas for your final year at university and join us as a graduate on completion of your degree
- 26 days annual leave (with the opportunity to buy or sell up to 3 days holiday)
- Private medical insurance for yourself (with the option to buy family cover)
- Life Assurance
- Company pension scheme matched up to 8%
- 2 days volunteering opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Perks at Work Employee discount scheme offering discounts on a range of categories such as electronics, home appliances, food & groceries, car buying, travel, fitness and more
- Flexible Benefits scheme which includes the opportunity to purchase benefits such as:
- Critical illness insurance (with option to purchase for your partner)
- Dental Insurance
- Travel insurance
- Bike to work scheme
- Retail vouchers/payroll giving/activity pass for top leisure attractions
How do I apply?
Click apply now to register your details and start your application journey!
Please note we do not have a licence to offer sponsorship.