TME Computing/Digitalisation Industrial Placement Scheme Burnaston 2024
Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing, and engineering operations.
The Production Engineering department are responsible for various aspects of process planning, design and development of equipment, infrastructure and associated processes supporting new vehicle project introductions into European Manufacturing Centres (EMCs).
Throughout your industrial placement you will take responsibility and support existing engineers/maintenance specialists from initial planning and specification stage to an agreed final handover to the customer within our manufacturing facilities in the UK and Europe.
You will also also be responsible for total project management of your given objectives in accordance with Toyota and local requirements including achieving successful handover to the plant on completion, or appropriate milestones during the assignment.
Whilst you will be mainly based in the TME UK Office in Burnaston, Derbyshire, it is essential that you are flexible and willing to travel to various location within our Manufacturing facilities as required/requested.
Your time here
The Toyota Industrial Placement programme will stretch your problem-solving skills and introduce you to people at all levels, all over the business. It is designed to help you develop your professional and personal capabilities prior to your final year at university and give an opportunity to gain experience as an industry professional.
It's a challenging scheme, but you’ll receive plenty of support from your mentor, managers, and colleagues. On the Industrial Placement programme, you'll get to see the breadth of our business, working on valuable projects in our PE Plastics Division.
The PE Plastics Division
- Supports and/or leads new vehicle inhouse plastics parts preparation from SE (parts development) to mold final trial completion supporting a successful vehicle SOP, achieving all KPI requirements whilst maintaining Toyota quality and productivity conditions.
- Leads new equipment / process introductions into UK and overseas manufacturing facilities all on time and budget.
- Supports / develops innovative solutions to reduce cost / lead time of existing processes and develop EU unique technologies towards a successful implementation on vehicle.
- Introduces key equipment from Europe and Japan to pre agreed layout and to given milestones.
Your main project will be to support digitalisation within the PE Plastics department through:
- Developing a PE power app for greater PE role integration
- Creating power BI reporting panel for status visualisation
- Process visualisation to explain app operation to others
- Visualisation of project status to all levels of the organisation
- Timely reporting to TME management at all levels upon request including EMCs as required
- Development of new equipment from vendor sourcing to handover on behalf of the required EMC (Japan / European equipment)
- Specification and sourcing of solutions for machine data recording
What we look for
Alongside having a consistently strong academic record, with a minimum 2:1 predicted degree result*, we are looking for people who actively want to learn from others and are motivated to take on new challenges with a positive mindset.
We believe that there's always a better way, therefore if you share our values and thrive on analysing problems from different angles to develop solutions, you could go a long way with us. Similarly, taking a practical approach to your work is important – you will need to be as comfortable on the shop floor as you are in the office.
*Computing degree discipline required.
Right to live and work in the UK & ideally UK driving license.