Graduate Electronics Engineer
Work in an innovative and impact-driven company, to craft elegant solutions to the challenging technical problems of our time.
As an electronics engineer at TTP, you will work within multi-disciplinary project teams to invent, prototype and deliver new products and technologies to a variety of client companies. You will develop electronic hardware that will go on to make a difference to people’s lives, from medical health care products and scientific instrumentation, through to communication and automation devices.
Examples of technology electronics engineers have worked on at TTP include, battery-free medical implants, satellite communication modems and UAV, hydrogen electrolysers, to robotic bio-process automation. You could find yourself working on multiple such projects at any one time, both client-lead and internal. Over a year at TTP your experiences and applications will be vast.
This role will suit someone who enjoys using and developing their technical skills and knowledge. With a collaborative working environment filled with supportive peers, you can expect to quickly develop; not only enhancing your technical skills but expanding your understanding of entirely new fields of science and technology and their market trends.
Whilst support, and mentoring, is available from day-one, we won’t look over your shoulder or prescribe how you can develop. At TTP, consultant electronic engineers of any level of experience are free to work autonomously, using their own initiative to balance responsibilities, find innovative solutions and choose what to spend their time on. As you gain experience, you may begin to identify new business opportunities for TTP to grow and soon you could find yourself taking on leadership responsibilities within teams to explore emerging technology.
TTP is a technology and product development consultancy. We take problems that can’t be solved by others and make them a reality for both our clients and wider society. At the heart of TTP is a collaborative community of scientists and engineers who work together in interdisciplinary teams, using individual technical knowledge and passion for technology to resolve challenging problems and bring solutions to life as products. In collaboration with our clients, and through our own internal projects, we are developing the next generation of technologies.
- A strong academic record and a 1st or 2:1 in Electronic Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, or another related discipline.
- Demonstration of a good grasp of the fundamentals of Electronics and the ability to apply these to understanding and developing new technology.
- Some evidence of practical applications of your degree knowledge, whether this is through university, previous work experience, or extra-curricular activities.
- Ability to communicate technical information clearly and effectively to colleagues and clients working in diverse fields.
We know that success isn’t just about fulfilling our requirements though; you’ll also want to think about what makes us appealing to you:
You will feel at home here if you love learning and getting to the heart of a problem. You will thrive if you enjoy taking on new responsibilities and using your own initiative to seek new objectives. If you like to use your technical knowledge in a practical way to create cool new things, you will be surrounded by like minded people here at TTP. If you love working with people, coming up with creative new ideas and sharing your passion for technology with others – you’ll fit right in.
Please note: this vacancy has no deadline because we recruit on a rolling basis. Once we have hired all the graduates we are able to accommodate, we will close the advert. We recommend applying early for the best chance of success.
TTP is an employee-owned business operating from a new purpose built building in the green surroundings of Melbourn, just south of Cambridge.
- Hybrid working – we value the collaborative culture we’ve built and see the benefit in-person interaction brings to our colleagues and the business. However, we understand the importance of work-life balance and offer freedom and flexibility in how you self-manage your working week
- Annual profit-related bonus
- Employer pension contribution of 12% of pensionable pay
- Private medical insurance for employees and dependants
- Free lunch, subsidised breakfast and all-day refreshments
- Electric car leasing scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- A wide range of activities including squash, Zumba, yoga, art, and TTP’s own rock band
- A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable
Our Diversity Statement
Our business revolves around collaborating with one another to tackle genuinely hard problems. Equality and diversity in the workplace are some of the most challenging problems facing society. We can’t profess to be perfect in this regard, or to yet have all the answers. But we continuously strive to do better, and we fundamentally believe in the power and importance of diversity – both for our community and for the overall success of our business.
We therefore encourage applications from all individuals. Whatever your background, whatever your identity: we would love to hear from you.