Graduate Software Engineer
Do you want to use your skills to make a real tangible difference to people’s lives?
If you are looking to start your career as a software engineer with a varied role where you get to create elegant and simple solutions to seemingly complex challenges, then we would love to hear from you.
As a software engineer at TTP, you will work within multi-disciplinary project teams to invent new products and technologies that will positively impact the individuals who use them.
This role will suit someone who enjoys using their technical skills and knowledge – and who is always looking to develop these. You could find yourself working in all aspects of software development – from concept generation and algorithm design to implementation in embedded and cloud-based resources. There is a large variety of software work at TTP, and you will have autonomy to work on the projects which interest you the most and fit your skill set.
Examples of projects we have worked on include neural networks for human-multi-robot collaborative teams and an app that helps people with medical conditions like borderline personality disorder.
Consultant Software Engineers at TTP are free to work autonomously, using their own initiative to balance responsibilities and pose interesting solutions, but you will also be sat within a team of experienced Software engineers to whom you can turn to in times of doubt or curiosity. With a collaborative working environment filled with supportive peers, you can expect to learn very quickly; not only enhancing your technical skills but expanding your understanding of entirely new fields of technology and learning about their market trends.
TTP is a technology and product development consultancy. We take problems that can’t be solved by others and make them a reality for both our clients and wider society. At the heart of TTP is a collaborative community of scientists and engineers who work together in interdisciplinary teams, using individual technical knowledge and passion for technology to resolve challenging problems and bring solutions to life as products. In collaboration with our clients, and through our own internal projects, we are developing the next generation of technologies.
- A 1st or 2:1 in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related discipline. We look for bright individuals with a strong academic record demonstrating a good grasp of the first principles of their subject.
- Coding experience in one or more of Python, C, or C++. We look for experience of writing substantial pieces of software, and the ability to read and understand code written by others.
- Communication Skills. We look for the ability to explain complex ideas to our clients regardless of their technical backgrounds.
We know that success isn’t just about fulfilling our requirements; you’ll also want to think about what makes us appealing to you:
You will feel at home here if you love learning and getting to the heart of a problem. You will thrive if you enjoy taking on new responsibilities and using your own initiative to seek new objectives. If you like to use your technical knowledge in a practical way to create cool new things, you will be surrounded by like minded people here at TTP. If you love working with people, coming up with creative new ideas and sharing your passion for technology with others – you’ll fit right in.
TTP is an employee-owned business operating from a new purpose built building in the green surroundings of Melbourn, just south of Cambridge.
- Hybrid working – we value the collaborative culture we’ve built and see the benefit in-person interaction brings to our colleagues and the business. However, we understand the importance of work-life balance and offer freedom and flexibility in how you self-manage your working week
- Annual profit-related bonus
- Employer pension contribution of 12% of pensionable pay
- Private medical insurance for employees and dependants
- Free lunch, subsidised breakfast and all-day refreshments
- Electric car leasing scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- A wide range of activities including squash, Zumba, yoga, art, and TTP’s own rock band
- A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable
Our Diversity Statement
Our business revolves around collaborating with one another to tackle genuinely hard problems. Equality and diversity in the workplace are some of the most challenging problems facing society. We can’t profess to be perfect in this regard, or to yet have all the answers. But we continuously strive to do better, and we fundamentally believe in the power and importance of diversity – both for our community and for the overall success of our business.
We therefore encourage applications from all individuals. Whatever your background, whatever your identity: we would love to hear from you.