Engineering Placement (CDCPK) Immingham 2024
At Uniper, we have an engaging and dynamic opportunity for an Engineering Student Placement to gain valuable hands-on experience based at Killingholme Power Station. This is an exciting chance to take the step-up into employment and develop both personally and professionally in a challenging but rewarding environment.
We are Uniper
At Uniper, we are pro-actively transforming the world of energy whilst at the same time ensuring security of energy supply. As an internationally operating company, we work in very diverse teams with the greatest possible working time flexibility for our employees. Our corporate culture is characterized by equal opportunities, mutual appreciation, and respect. With us, you will be able to develop new business models, work on technological solutions for a modern, sustainable, and future-oriented energy supply as well as pro-actively help to shape changes. Interested? Then we will look forward to meeting you!
- Part of a dynamic engineering team meeting the technical challenges of maintaining and improving plant performance, through utilising theoretical knowledge you've gained in your studies with hands-on, practical experience
- Involved in the planning, development and safe execution of a range of works in a large complex industrial environment, across a number of technical areas
- Working with lots of different people, interacting with our managers and executive team
- Utilising and developing a range of additional skills beyond your technical capabilities, including safety, contracts, commercial and stakeholder management
This, combined with the business exposure you'll be gaining in an international energy company, will be the foundation to your future career.
We're looking for people who can bring a flexible, enthusiastic approach, plenty of self-motivation and lots of ambition. We'll expect a lot from you, but we'll also make sure you have a strong team of experts around you - people who'll be happy to share their deep understanding with you.
An Engineering Student will be
- Enthusiastic, passionate and inquisitive with the dedication to achieve a career in engineering
- Possessing or working towards a degree level qualification in Engineering or similar
- Confident in using Microsoft packages with good analytical and commercial skills; a knowledge of working with spreadsheets or databases would be useful
- Organised and meticulous in all aspects of work, and able to work to strict deadlines
- There will be a requirement for travel between Cottam Development Centre and Killingholme Power Station on occasions.
Proposed duration of a 48 Week placement beginning September 2024. If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward thinking company and taking the next step in your career, then please click the apply now button to find out more.
What we offer
At Uniper, we not only reward our employees with attractive salaries, an excellent company pension and health related benefits for their hard work and dedication to shaping the future energy transition. You can also expect a supportive working culture that offers a wide range of creative and innovative ideas. We enable various flexible working arrangements, whilst also supporting with home office equipment.
Through regular training and workshops, together we work towards visualising yourself in our company as if it were your own. We support you in highlighting your individual potential, achieving your personal goals, and reaching your ambitions. We invite you to become part of our diverse company with international colleagues from more than 80 countries. As an employer, Uniper has committed itself to providing special support to certain areas:
- Competitive salary
- Personal development and Learning opportunities
- Enhanced company pension – With up to 12% company contributions
- 26 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Free electric vehicle charging at our sites
- In house Occupational Health Services
- Company funded Private Medical Insurance including free GP service
- Performance related benefits
- Access to a range of flexible benefits such as Share Incentive Plan, Dental, Critical Illness and Life Insurance, Cycle2Work, Health Care Cash plan or buy and sell extra holiday
- Future career opportunities (UK & International) with a strong focus on Diversity Equity and Inclusion
Our employees are the reason for our success. Therefore, you will find many other benefits at the local level to help you reach your potential. Energy evolutionary wanted!