Engineering Placement Cheshire 2024
We have an opportunity for a undergraduate engineer to join our highly skilled Engineering and Maintenance team at Uniper's Holford site - Holford is a modern natural gas storage facility capable of meeting the typical daily demand of around three million UK homes. Your contributions will support Holford and Uniper's journey toward a Net Zero future.
We are Uniper
At Uniper, we are pro-actively transforming the world of energy whilst at the same time ensuring security of energy supply. As an internationally operating company, we work in very diverse teams with the greatest possible working time flexibility for our employees. Our corporate culture is characterized by equal opportunities, mutual appreciation, and respect. With us, you will be able to develop new business models, work on technological solutions for a modern, sustainable, and future-oriented energy supply as well as pro-actively help to shape changes. Interested? Then we will look forward to meeting you!
As an upper tier COMAH facility, safety is very important to us and therefore we have exacting demands on our Engineering team
The successful candidate will be working alongside our Lead Process Engineer on a number of strategic areas for the business, including feasibility studies on the transition to Hydrogen storage, methane capture, plant efficiency, functional safety , new product development and HAZOP follow up.
To be suitable for this role, you must:
- Be studying toward a Chemical Engineering degree or similar
- Demonstrate good attention to detail
- Willingness to learn from others and the confidence to work independently
- A genuine interest in the current and future energy sector.
What we offer
At Uniper, we not only reward our employees with attractive salaries, an excellent company pension and health related benefits for their hard work and dedication to shaping the future energy transition. You can also expect a supportive working culture that offers a wide range of creative and innovative ideas. We enable various flexible working arrangements, whilst also supporting with home office equipment.
Through regular training and workshops, together we work towards visualising yourself in our company as if it were your own. We support you in highlighting your individual potential, achieving your personal goals, and reaching your ambitions. We invite you to become part of our diverse company with international colleagues from more than 80 countries. As an employer, Uniper has committed itself to providing special support to certain areas:
- Competitive salary
- Personal development and Learning opportunities
- Enhanced company pension – With up to 12% company contributions
- 26 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Free electric vehicle charging at our sites
- In house Occupational Health Services
- Company funded Private Medical Insurance including free GP service
- Performance related benefits
- Access to a range of flexible benefits such as Share Incentive Plan, Dental, Critical Illness and Life Insurance, Cycle2Work, Health Care Cash plan or buy and sell extra holiday
- Future career opportunities (UK & International) with a strong focus on Diversity Equity and Inclusion
Our employees are the reason for our success. Therefore, you will find many other benefits at the local level to help you reach your potential. Energy evolutionary wanted!