Engineering Undergraduate Nottingham 2024
An exciting opportunity to join an energetic team of engineers who lead Uniper's decarbonisation activities for its existing Power Station assets and also improvement projects. An invaluable experience to build a platform for an engineering career in the Energy Industry
We are Uniper
At Uniper, we are pro-actively transforming the world of energy whilst at the same time ensuring security of energy supply. As an internationally operating company, we work in very diverse teams with the greatest possible working time flexibility for our employees. Our corporate culture is characterized by equal opportunities, mutual appreciation, and respect. With us, you will be able to develop new business models, work on technological solutions for a modern, sustainable, and future-oriented energy supply as well as pro-actively help to shape changes. Interested? Then we will look forward to meeting you!
- You will be an active member of the Project Development team tto progress technical improvement projects for our assets. These projects will look to enhance performance of our current plants and also to project manage decarbonisation solutions including Carbon Capture, Hydrogen fired Gas Turbines, Fuel switch to low carbon sources and emerging low carbon technologies.
- You will gain experience in Project Management techniques and build engineering knowledge in a variety of disciplines.
- Decarbonisation of our assets is central to Uniper’s new strategy and we expect to be carbon neutral by 2035 and have reduced our emissions compared to 2019 levels by 55%. The Team therefore plays a critical role in developing options for actual deployment on the assets.
- Ability to learn quickly and work with others in a fast moving small team of engineers.
- Knowledge in a relevant discipline for the Energy Industry - e.g. engineering, science, energy management, etc
- Be able to be located near to our base at Ratcliffe Power Station near Nottingham
- Ability to work on own initiative once training/inductions are completed.
At Uniper, we not only reward our employees with attractive salaries, an excellent company pension and health related benefits for their hard work and dedication to shaping the future energy transition. You can also expect a supportive working culture that offers a wide range of creative and innovative ideas. We enable various flexible working arrangements, whilst also supporting with home office equipment.
Through regular training and workshops, together we work towards visualising yourself in our company as if it were your own. We support you in highlighting your individual potential, achieving your personal goals, and reaching your ambitions. We invite you to become part of our diverse company with international colleagues from more than 80 countries. As an employer, Uniper has committed itself to providing special support to certain areas:
- Competitive salary
- Personal development and Learning opportunities
- Enhanced company pension – With up to 12% company contributions
- 26 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Free electric vehicle charging at our sites
- In house Occupational Health Services
- Company funded Private Medical Insurance including free GP service
- Performance related benefits
- Access to a range of flexible benefits such as Share Incentive Plan, Dental, Critical Illness and Life Insurance, Cycle2Work, Health Care Cash plan or buy and sell extra holiday
- Future career opportunities (UK & International) with a strong focus on Diversity Equity and Inclusion
Our employees are the reason for our success. Therefore, you will find many other benefits at the local level to help you reach your potential. Energy evolutionary wanted!