Environmental Assessment Support Placement Nottingham 2024
During this exciting transition to clean, low carbon generation, our Environmental Services Team provides a comprehensive range of environmental advice and engineering services to Uniper's energy generation portfolio of fossil fuel, biomass, renewable, hydrogen and future low carbon generation sites throughout the UK and internationally. This role offers you the opportunity to work alongside a team of fellow technical, environmental and engineering specialists to support Uniper's net zero commitments across our international portfolio of projects, whilst growing your own skills and experience at the same time.
We are Uniper
At Uniper, we are pro-actively transforming the world of energy whilst at the same time ensuring security of energy supply. As an internationally operating company, we work in very diverse teams with the greatest possible working time flexibility for our employees. Our corporate culture is characterized by equal opportunities, mutual appreciation, and respect. With us, you will be able to develop new business models, work on technological solutions for a modern, sustainable, and future-oriented energy supply as well as pro-actively help to shape changes. Interested? Then we will look forward to meeting you!
The Environmental Services team is active in a variety of new low carbon energy projects as well as supporting existing operations across our sites. You will work closely alongside scientists and engineers on a range of activities which may include:
- Supporting the implementation of innovative solutions and new technologies to help deliver Uniper’s decarbonisation goals
- Running dispersion models to assess impacts of power station emissions on air quality and analysing the results
- Monitoring of air quality, noise and bore-hole water in the vicinity of power stations.
- Providing planning and permitting support for the development of new sites
- Assessing costs and benefits of new and emerging generation and decarbonisation technologies
- Reviewing new environmental legislation to determine the implications for the energy sector
This Placement opportunity will allow you to experience working in many of these areas and to understand the environmental and engineering considerations and issues that are key components of an energy business.
- Working towards a degree in Physics, Chemistry, Ecology, Environmental Sciences, Environmental Management, or Natural Sciences
- Strong analytical skills and excellent attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Strong collaborative values and flexibility to work across a range of projects.
- Good computer literacy
At Uniper, we not only reward our employees with attractive salaries, an excellent company pension and health related benefits for their hard work and dedication to shaping the future energy transition. You can also expect a supportive working culture that offers a wide range of creative and innovative ideas. We enable various flexible working arrangements, whilst also supporting with home office equipment.
Through regular training and workshops, together we work towards visualising yourself in our company as if it were your own. We support you in highlighting your individual potential, achieving your personal goals, and reaching your ambitions. We invite you to become part of our diverse company with international colleagues from more than 80 countries. As an employer, Uniper has committed itself to providing special support to certain areas:
- Competitive salary
- Personal development and Learning opportunities
- Enhanced company pension – With up to 12% company contributions
- 26 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Free electric vehicle charging at our sites
- In house Occupational Health Services
- Company funded Private Medical Insurance including free GP service
- Performance related benefits
- Access to a range of flexible benefits such as Share Incentive Plan, Dental, Critical Illness and Life Insurance, Cycle2Work, Health Care Cash plan or buy and sell extra holiday
- Future career opportunities (UK & International) with a strong focus on Diversity Equity and Inclusion
Our employees are the reason for our success. Therefore, you will find many other benefits at the local level to help you reach your potential. Energy evolutionary wanted!