Risk and Assurance Industrial Placement Bristol 2024
This is a great opportunity to gain experience in the Risk & Assurance team, spanning all areas of governance, this is a `window` into the wider business activities.
The vision of the team is to actively support and partner with our operational teams and wider colleagues; helping them to identify & manage risk and provide assurance over quality and compliance, in turn, helping them to deliver a first class student experience.
The Risk & Assurance team is focused on all aspects of governance including assurance assignments, risk, controls, policy, compliance, Data Protection and Information Security.
What you'll be doing
- Provide independent assurance on our Governance, Risk Management, and Controls
- Support the Compliance and Assurance Manager in the delivery of the annual internal assurance programme of internal audits
- Assist the Risk and Assurance Senior Manager with the identification and monitoring of business risks at Unite Students, working with colleagues across the business to help them manage risks in their areas
- Work with the Information Security team and Security Operations (SecOpps) team within IT to improve the security estate, covering both physical and technology security improvements
- Assisting on data protection projects - managing the risks associated with personal data
Key skills needed
- Working towards a degree with a technology, business or legal element e.g. maths, business, accountancy, law economics
- A keen interest in risk management, assurance and information security
- Someone who is self-reliant, eager to learn and enjoys solving problems
We`re proud to be an employer that embraces individuality, and we`re passionate about building inclusive teams. We focus on creating a collaborative culture where you can be you, where your voice is heard, and where you can truly belong. We take great pride in being rated Gold Investors in People and are constantly striving to provide the highest standard of learning and development opportunities and professional pathways for our people. Building ahome for success, for both our employees and students, requires exceptional people with a passion for creating room for everyone, doing what`s right, keeping US safe, and raising the bar. Join us as we build better experiences for students that live with us.
We are US.