Full Stack Software Engineer Placement 2021
We are looking for 3 software development interns in our Edinburgh offices within two exciting product teams:
At DeltaDNA we provide services into the games industry, helping developers and publishers of games to engage with their player base in greater detail. Using our innovative analytical tools to understand player behavior, our clients can then create the best in-game offers and perks. These tools help to create a better all-round gaming experience for gamers which in turn helps to drive commercial success.
The Game Backend Group works on our platform Backend Services Platform. This provides game developers and publishers with services that make it simple to build and operate live games. We enable developers to easily add Leaderboards, Cloud Save, Multiplayer and much more to their games in just a few lines of code. Our mission is to enable developers of all sizes to successfully run live games at any scale, removing the technical barriers, so they can focus on making great games.
We are looking for interns who will get involved in contributing to 2 key Unity products. During your time with us you may have the opportunity to develop different features, contribute to our tools, collaborate with engineers and have input that will impact our users across the world.
This is a paid 11-month placement starting in Summer 2021.
What you’ll be doing
- Collaborate with your team to deeply understand the needs of our users and clients and then plan, design, and build features that best serve those needs, leveraging lean and agile methodologies
- Write code that supports existing and future functionality of the products
- Ensure quality by developing features using testing
What we’re looking for
- You must be currently studying at University and looking for a placement year
- Enthusiasm, self motivation and the ability to work under own initiative
- Desire to work in a team, learn from others, and help others to learn
- Working knowledge of frontend web development and associated frameworks
- Familiarity with at least one of the following languages; C#, Java, Kotlin, Python, Go, PHP or similar
You might also have
- Prior experience with React or Redux is a bonus, as this is what our team currently uses
- Working knowledge of relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL or MySQL)
- Experience of developing services to be deployed in Google Cloud Platform or another cloud based environment
- Experience of test driven development and unit testing
Life at Unity
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices.