MSc International Strategic Marketing
International Strategic Marketing will provide you with a detailed understanding of contemporary marketing principles, techniques and trends from an international perspective to help you think independently and strategically.
Why this programme?
- You will develop the ability to critically analyse, evaluate and manage market opportunities within an international context to prepare you for a career in a large or small enterprise.
- You will foster a critical appreciation of relevant theories and methodologies from across the marketing discipline that will help you analyse situations and make decisions.
- You will develop an in-depth understanding of the opportunities and requirements of international strategic marketing in a dynamic, networked, international and culturally diverse economy.
- You will build upon your existing marketing knowledge and learn analytical and interpretive skills to help you integrate marketing with other management functions such as finance and HR.
- Upon graduating you will have enough marketing knowledge to make informed decisions relating to marketing strategy.
- We host a series of networking events and guest lectures by business leaders. Previous speakers have included the Head of Amazon UK, Microsoft Scotland, and senior managers from a range of industries.
- Staff who teach this programme have particular strengths in the areas of brand management, consumer behaviour, services marketing and ethics, with a strong focus on digital platforms.
- The MSc in International Strategic Marketing is ranked by the QS.
- Take advantage of our individualised skills development programme, which will ensure you balance academic theory with crucial employability skills to help you maximise your potential and achieve your career goals.
You will take:
- nine core course
- three optional courses
- a dissertation
Reflecting, evaluating and presenting are facilitated at every stage by simulations, real life case studies and scenario investigations.
You will also be given the opportunity to pursue in-company projects and carry out consultancy work and take part in business simulations.
- Global Business Environment
- Global Consumer Behaviour
- Global Perspectives in Marketing Ethics
- International Services Marketing
- International Strategic Management
- Managing Across Cultures and Comparative Management
- Marketing Communications Strategies and Tactics
- Marketing Research
- Strategic Marketing Management
- Data Science for Marketing Analytics
- Digital Marketing Strategy (Specialist)
- Export Marketing
- International Brand Management
- Marketing and Emerging Markets
- Retail Marketing
- Strategic Marketing Consultancy
Graduates go on to work in marketing roles in small and large companies around the world, particularly in jobs relating to brand management, advertising and public relations, marketing research, marketing consultancy, jobs associated to conventional or digital marketing.
We have a dedicated careers and employability team who provide 1-2-1 support and advice, group workshops, employer events on campus and networking opportunities throughout the year to help you with your career prospects.
Fees & Funding
Tuition fees for 2023-24:
- UK - Full-time fee: £14,300
- International & EU - Full-time fee: £27,930
2:1 degree or non-UK equivalent in business and management, marketing or commerce, or a relevant social science degree.
Your degree must contain at least 25% of undergraduate credits in marketing or management, or you will have at least 2 years work experience in marketing or sales.
International students with academic qualifications below those required should contact our partner institution, Glasgow International College, who offer a range of pre-Masters courses.