Technology Summer Internship Java/Python Developer London 2024
We are Vanguard. Together, we’re changing the way the world invests. Our core purpose is to take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
For us, investing doesn’t just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose – and that’s how we’ve become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve.
At Vanguard we want all our graduates and interns to be able to make an impact on the people we serve, the wider world, and their careers. We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let’s make it count.
- Start date: 26 June 2024
- Duration of Programme: 10 weeks
- Location: London (hybrid working model)
What you need
- Strong technical foundation and aptitude
- Analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Professionalism, maturity, and humility
- Exceptional organizational agility and attention to detail
- Initiative and ability to work independently
- “Grit”: Demonstrated drive and motivation to succeed
- Adaptability and a growth mindset
Tech at Vanguard
At Vanguard Technology in Europe, we aim to build the most advanced platforms that serve the interests of our clients, globally. As part of the technology graduate program, you will learn how technology supports company initiatives and develop an understanding of Vanguard's systems, platforms, products, and services.
The Technology Internship Program is designed to build a strong technical foundation, business acumen, and leadership skills while gaining hands-on experience in the IT division.
It is a great opportunity for you to join us, explore and learn the endless possibilities in the ever-changing world of tech and finance. With technology driving Machine Learning, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence and Data Analytics, there are many ways for passionate, ambitious and innovative candidates to get involved and continue to push forward in our drive to serve our clients.
What’s in it for you
- Working with business and clients to create exciting solutions that will help shape our future
- Learn how technology supports company initiatives and develop an understanding of Vanguard's systems, platforms, products, and services
- Formalised training curriculum for all participants
- Build a strong foundation in leadership impact, conceptual thinking, and knowledge of Vanguard
- Work with seasoned professionals to gain exposure to diverse assignments and departments
- One-on-one coaching and development with program leaders and rotation managers
- Being part of a community of interns
- Flexible working and fast paced environment
- A focus on innovation and doing things differently
- Exciting opportunities which will test your capability further
What to expect
Each internship lasts approximately 10 weeks and is designed to build a strong foundation in technical acumen, leadership impact, conceptual thinking, and knowledge of Vanguard. While completing the program, each participant will partner with their manager to identify or create the best opportunities based on the individual's strengths and interests, considering business need. As participants progress through the program, they'll be able to define goals for a future IT position at Vanguard.
Vanguard’s continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: “Do the right thing.”
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard’s core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
How We Work
Vanguard has implemented a hybrid working model for the majority of our crew members, designed to capture the benefits of enhanced flexibility while enabling in-person learning, collaboration, and connection. We believe our mission-driven and highly collaborative culture is a critical enabler to support long-term client outcomes and enrich the employee experience.