Catastrophe Modelling Risk Analyst Placement London 2024
We help the world see new possibilities and inspire change for better tomorrows. Our analytic solutions bridge content, data, and analytics to help business, people, and society become stronger, more resilient, and sustainable.
Extreme Event Solutions at Verisk (formerly AIR Worldwide) is looking for a highly passionate, motivated individual to join a one-year internship opportunity in the Consulting and Client Services Group. As a member of Verisk’s consulting and client services team based in London, you will provide services to our London and international insurance and reinsurance clients within the catastrophe modelling industry. Develop your technical, analytical, and project management skills to work with clients to enhance their usage of the Verisk suite of solutions and help troubleshoot any software-related issues.
Proficiency in oral and written communication is highly desirable, particularly the ability to communicate complex ideas simply and effectively.
About the day-to-day responsibilities of the role
- Learn Verisk’s software platforms Touchstone and Touchstone Re and understand Verisk’s catastrophe models and their output. Provide day to day support to clients
- Support providing training sessions to clients to help them understand and use Verisk’s software and models
- Perform sophisticated risk analyses using Verisk's cutting-edge catastrophe modelling technology for insurers, brokers, and other financial intermediaries in the internationally expanding business of catastrophe risk management
- Add value to modelled results through customisation of output tailored to the needs of clients
- Communicate directly with clients whilst working on consulting projects
- Help clients reliably assess and manage their catastrophe loss potential through interpretation of modelling results
- Perform portfolio management studies for understanding model change
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, a solid understanding of probability concepts, excellent problem-solving skills and a commitment to client services.
- Excellent communication, time management and organisational skills are also required.
- Experience using Microsoft Office is essential and knowledge and understanding of the insurance/ reinsurance markets is preferred.
- Ability to code in languages such as SQL, R, Python will be highly beneficial. Knowledge of ArcGIS would be desirable.
- This placement is for students in their penultimate year of university (typically between 2nd and 3rd year). Candidates studying for a degree in science, engineering or mathematics are preferable.