Registered Veterinary Nurse Halesowen 2024
We are looking for an enthusiastic and proactive Registered Veterinary Nurse to join our expanding and friendly team on a full time basis. We are a 5 vet practice and they are currently supported by 3 RVN's and 2 SVN's as well as 5 Client Care Advisors. We are a dynamic practice with surgery certificate holders amongst our vets and so we aim to offer a very high standard of care for our patients across a wide range of cases.
We currently have one of our vets studying an exotic certificate so also have some exotic cases in practice. We have all the facilities to support this with laparoscopic surgery, endoscopy, dental x-ray, doppler BP monitoring, capnography, pulse oximetry and k-laser. We perform a full range of orthopaedic and soft tissue surgeries including TPLO’s and BOAS surgeries.
Our nursing team are all involved in these cases and so there are significant opportunities to scrub into theatre, do complex anaesthetics and help with medical investigations and inpatient care, along with a range of nurse clinic appointments. We are also happy to support all staff members with opportunities for further development once qualified.
This role is full time 38-40 hours per week, with no on call, and 1 in 4 Saturdays (8.45am-6.15pm) however we will also consider part time applicants
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with the clinical and non-clinical teams to deliver the best levels of patient and customer care, taking full ownership of tasks and responsibilities
- Manage and deal with bookings professionally and efficiently using RX Works
- Greet clients and their pets for appointments, being sensitive to their requirements and promoting a professional image at all times
- Comply with all policies and procedures within the surgery, including Health and Safety Regulations
- Calculate and administer medications and keeping accurate records
- Assist the Veterinary Surgeon during surgical procedures
- Prepare, identify and record results from radiography equipment
You will have a good experience of veterinary nursing, excellent customer service and communication skills, be an effective team player and able to use your own initiative when required. You are friendly, down-to-earth, have a genuine interest in animal welfare and enjoy the variety provided by the clients and colleagues alike.
You will not necessarily need to have experience with the broad range of cases seen in the practice but would need to be a fast learner who is keen to get involved in all parts of the job. We support any team members who are interested in developing their skills.
An interest in Clinical Coaching/ Supervising and supporting our student nurses would be advantageous (training not essential and will be provided in interested in the future)
- In return of your dedication and high quality work, we can offer:
- Salary £26,000-£28,000 (FTE) dependent on experience.
- CPD allowance and support
- Enhanced pension scheme
- Paid memberships (RCVS, BVNA, etc)
- Enhanced Holiday allowance
- Extra day off for your birthday
- Option for subsidised Private Healthcare
Exclusive company discounts and rewards including 20% off at Vets4Pets, Pets at Home and the Groom Room
As a BAME and LGBT+ inclusive employer we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. We are keen to hear from individuals with any disability or long term health issues and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments with the recruitment process.
If you share our passion for delivering outstanding pet healthcare and great customer service and would like to join our team please get in touch.