Accounting Controls Placement Milton Keynes 2024
Here in Finance we value students who bring accuracy, financial acumen and robust logic to the business. At the same time, as a department, we’re adapting and evolving as the business moves into new areas and develops new products and services. This creates new challenges, so we need the agility, creativity and ideas to adapt too.
What you could be doing
- You will complete all relevant Balance Sheet reconciliations in a timely manner, providing summarised information for the management team
- Carry out month end tasks, including analysis in accordance with the month end timetable
- You will understand the interaction and impact of subsidiary systems on the main accounting systems, to ensure system integrity, highlighting issues as necessary
- You will assist with accounting initiatives and collaborate with your colleagues across the department and in IT to ensure clarity of requirements for changes relating to accounting transactions
- Carry out analysis to deliver operational and management information
- Support your colleagues within the Accounting Controls Team
What can you bring with you?
- You will be enrolled at a University which offers a 1 year industrial placement
- You will be studying towards a Finance or Business related degree
- Have intermediate level of excel skills which will help with the reporting and analysis
- You have the ability to work under pressure and deliver to strict deadlines
- Team player who communicates clearly both verbally and written
- You have a focus on detail and accuracy
What we can offer you
- Salary of £20,000 per annum plus discretionary bonus and company pension scheme
- A wealth of experience and a fun and sociable workplace to start your career
- You’ll be joining a group of 49 undergraduates so you’ll have a large group of colleagues so that you can support each other throughout your placement year
- Life Skills workshops, designed specifically for you as an Undergraduate
- Access to a discounted loan car scheme
- Chance to make a difference in the local community with various volunteering opportunities
- Physical and mental health support with our Onsite Wellbeing Centre
- Hybrid blend of working at our office based in Milton Keynes and working from home
What to expect from the assessment process
Once you have decided our placement is for you, click the apply button and fill out some quick multiple-choice questions to support your application. We’ll be in touch shortly after receiving your application to advise if you have been progressed to the next stage. You will then be invited to complete an online video interview where you have the opportunity to tell us about you and your amazing qualities.
If you are successful after completing your video interview, you will be invited to attend an assessment centre at our Milton Keynes offices. Here, you will complete a Competency Based Interview, deliver a Presentation and take part in a Group Exercise. We’ll provide you with appropriate support and guidance before you attend.
This process is designed to help both you and us decide if a placement at Volkswagen Financial Services is the best step for you to kick start your future!
About Volkswagen Financial Services
Our mission is straight forward, we want to be 'The Key to Mobility'. What does that mean? To make getting from A-to-B as easy and simple for as many people as possible. To truly meet the mobility needs of people in a changing world, our offering goes beyond traditional vehicle financing. We do this by offering a range of finance and aftersales products on Volkswagen Group vehicles, as well as developing innovative mobility products designed to solve real problems.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and we welcome applications from everyone. Diversity and Inclusion is not just a statement for us and we are nurturing an environment where everyone can be their 100% self. If there is anything we can do to support you being your 100% self during our recruitment process, please let us know and we will support you as best we can.
Please do not apply for more than one placement role. This will ensure that you are considered for the placement that you are most interested in and your skills are aligned to.