Business Analytics Placements Milton Keynes 2024
We have two placement opportunities to work within Business Control, as part of the wider Risk & Controlling function. You will work to support sales growth, increase margin and drive business development across both our Retail and Fleet customer portfolios.
You will support work from across all areas of the Risk & Controlling function to help achieve the business objectives, centred on driving sales and increasing profitability, whilst developing the foundation skills to become a successful business controls colleague. With exposure to the wider Risk & Controlling department as well as the business as a whole, this will provide you with an interesting challenge in an ever-evolving landscape!
What you could be doing
- You will design and develop scheduled and ad hoc reporting on profit and performance
- You will update and analyse reports and processes used to drive decision making
- You will support the creation of business cases and growth plans to improve business performance
- You will collate data and analyse on specified datasets within the Contract Hire, Finance Lease, Corporate and Value Added Products areas in both Retail and Fleet
- You will support the Commercial Manager to track, review and evaluate Retailer Terms
- Attend meetings with subject matter experts from across the business to create/update procedures
- You will have the responsibility of carrying out the auditing, reconciliation and invoicing of Tactical investments, exceeding c. £100m per annum
What can you bring with you?
- You will be enrolled at a University which offers a 1 year industrial placement
- You will be studying towards a Business/Finance related degree
- You can evidence your research and analyse
- You pay close attention to detail and are highly numerate
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and ability to engage with large teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a creative approach to process improvement
- Strong IT skills, especially with MS Office applications (i.e. Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- An interest in the automotive sector
What we can offer you
- Salary of £20,000 per annum plus discretionary bonus and company pension scheme
- A wealth of experience and a fun and sociable workplace to start your career
- You’ll be joining a group of 49 undergraduates so you’ll have a large group of colleagues so that you can support each other throughout your placement year
- Life Skills workshops, designed specifically for you as an Undergraduate
- Access to a discounted loan car scheme
- Chance to make a difference in the local community with various volunteering opportunities
- Physical and mental health support with our Onsite Wellbeing Centre
- Hybrid blend of working at our office based in Milton Keynes and working from home
What to expect from the assessment process
Once you have decided our placement is for you, click the apply button and fill out some quick multiple-choice questions to support your application. We’ll be in touch shortly after receiving your application to advise if you have been progressed to the next stage. You will then be invited to complete an online video interview where you have the opportunity to tell us about you and your amazing qualities.
If you are successful after completing your video interview, you will be invited to attend an assessment centre at our Milton Keynes offices. Here, you will complete a Competency Based Interview, deliver a Presentation and take part in a Group Exercise. We’ll provide you with appropriate support and guidance before you attend.
This process is designed to help both you and us decide if a placement at Volkswagen Financial Services is the best step for you to kick start your future!
About Volkswagen Financial Services
Our mission is straight forward, we want to be 'The Key to Mobility'. What does that mean? To make getting from A-to-B as easy and simple for as many people as possible. To truly meet the mobility needs of people in a changing world, our offering goes beyond traditional vehicle financing. We do this by offering a range of finance and aftersales products on Volkswagen Group vehicles, as well as developing innovative mobility products designed to solve real problems.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and we welcome applications from everyone. Diversity and Inclusion is not just a statement for us and we are nurturing an environment where everyone can be their 100% self. If there is anything we can do to support you being your 100% self during our recruitment process, please let us know and we will support you as best we can.
Please do not apply for more than one placement role. This will ensure that you are considered for the placement that you are most interested in and your skills are aligned to.