Commercial Development Placement Milton Keynes 2024
Here at VWFS we're passionate about developing the best ideas, products and experiences to help our customers every day.
As the Commercial Development Undergraduate you will support the Commercial Development team in ensuring that any change is managed through the relevant channels ensuring the right outcomes are delivered for our customers.
What you could be doing
- You will provide support to Marketing/Product activities and projects for example; market insight or user testing
- You will support Commercial Development Managers (CDM’s) with product and channel analysis and make recommendations as a result of your findings
- Support the Commercial Development team in building and maintaining a set of reusable governance tools and templates
- Responsible for the collation of information from all Product teams for monthly Board reporting as per presentation guidelines
- Escalate risks and issues via Governance framework, identifying effective solutions and recommendations for mitigating actions
- Opportunity to lead cross functional projects to support business objectives
- Building data driven stories surrounding business channel and customer insight to support and inform the Product Owners and CDM’s objectives
- Opportunity to create, manage, and communicate product specific commercial and customer forecasting
What can you bring with you?
- You will be enrolled at a University which offers a 1 year industrial placement
- You will be studying towards a Business related degree
- Interested in digital, technological and creative approaches
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as you collaborate with colleagues, prioritise workloads, and build strong relationships across internal and external stakeholder groups
- Good problem solving skills to find creative solutions to complex problems
- Strong work ethic and willingness to take ownership for wide-ranging responsibilities
- You are detail focused and can work to tight timelines
- A willingness to learn and develop new skills
What we can offer you
- Salary of £20,000 per annum plus discretionary bonus and company pension scheme
- A wealth of experience and a fun and sociable workplace to start your career
- You’ll be joining a group of 49 undergraduates so you’ll have a large group of colleagues so that you can support each other throughout your placement year
- Life Skills workshops, designed specifically for you as an Undergraduate
- Access to a discounted loan car scheme
- Chance to make a difference in the local community with various volunteering opportunities
- Physical and mental health support with our Onsite Wellbeing Centre
- Hybrid blend of working at our office based in Milton Keynes and working from home
What to expect from the assessment process
Once you have decided our placement is for you, click the apply button and fill out some quick multiple-choice questions to support your application. We’ll be in touch shortly after receiving your application to advise if you have been progressed to the next stage.
You will then be invited to complete an online video interview where you have the opportunity to tell us about you and your amazing qualities.
If you are successful after completing your video interview, you will be invited to attend an assessment centre at our Milton Keynes offices. Here, you will complete a Competency Based Interview, deliver a Presentation and take part in a Group Exercise. We’ll provide you with appropriate support and guidance before you attend.
This process is designed to help both you and us decide if a placement at Volkswagen Financial Services is the best step for you to kick start your future!
About Volkswagen Financial Services
Our mission is straight forward, we want to be 'The Key to Mobility'. What does that mean? To make getting from A-to-B as easy and simple for as many people as possible. To truly meet the mobility needs of people in a changing world, our offering goes beyond traditional vehicle financing. We do this by offering a range of finance and aftersales products on Volkswagen Group vehicles, as well as developing innovative mobility products designed to solve real problems.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and we welcome applications from everyone. Diversity and Inclusion is not just a statement for us and we are nurturing an environment where everyone can be their 100% self. If there is anything we can do to support you being your 100% self during our recruitment process, please let us know and we will support you as best we can.
Please do not apply for more than one placement role. This will ensure that you are considered for the placement that you are most interested in and your skills are aligned to.