Internal Controls Placement Milton Keynes 2024
Working within our Internal Control Systems (ICS) function, you will support in providing a central service to the whole of VWFS UK and, form a key part in developing a positive approach to risk and compliance management within the Company’s business strategy. This is a great opportunity to gain exposure and understanding across the whole business.
Your role supports those advising VWFS in the UK who protect the business from operational, business and financial crime and money laundering risks. The team ensures that we manage our processes and practices in line with the highest standards, and that the business is supported with the best advice in each specialist area. As VWFS becomes more diverse and the regulatory environment continues to change, the team has never been more important to our success.
What you could be doing
- You will assess the impact of new legislation and regulations on the company’s business activities
- You will participate in key business projects
- Work with the team to ensure consistent delivery of regulatory services to the company
- Support the production of relevant management information for senior management
- You will also support the team in ensuring that VWFS has appropriate Enterprise Risk Management frameworks, effective business continuity capability and compliant anti-financial crime processes
What can you bring with you?
- You will be enrolled at a University which offers a 1 year industrial placement
- You will be studying towards a Business related degree
- Good interpersonal and team player skills
- Resilience and self-motivation with the capability to work under own initiative
- You will have the ability to learn and apply new or unfamiliar knowledge quickly
- Methodical, analytical and disciplined approach to work
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Great attention to detail
- Excellent PC skills, especially MS Office applications such as Excel and Word
What we can offer you
- Salary of £20,000 per annum plus discretionary bonus and company pension scheme
- A wealth of experience and a fun and sociable workplace to start your career
- You’ll be joining a group of 49 undergraduates so you’ll have a large group of colleagues so that you can support each other throughout your placement year
- Life Skills workshops, designed specifically for you as an Undergraduate
- Access to a discounted loan car scheme
- Chance to make a difference in the local community with various volunteering opportunities
- Physical and mental health support with our Onsite Wellbeing Centre
- Hybrid blend of working at our office based in Milton Keynes and working from home
What to expect from the assessment process
Once you have decided our placement is for you, click the apply button and fill out some quick multiple-choice questions to support your application. We’ll be in touch shortly after receiving your application to advise if you have been progressed to the next stage. You will then be invited to complete an online video interview where you have the opportunity to tell us about you and your amazing qualities.
If you are successful after completing your video interview, you will be invited to attend an assessment centre at our Milton Keynes offices. Here, you will complete a Competency Based Interview, deliver a Presentation and take part in a Group Exercise. We’ll provide you with appropriate support and guidance before you attend.
This process is designed to help both you and us decide if a placement at Volkswagen Financial Services is the best step for you to kick start your future!
About Volkswagen Financial Services
Our mission is straight forward, we want to be 'The Key to Mobility'. What does that mean? To make getting from A-to-B as easy and simple for as many people as possible. To truly meet the mobility needs of people in a changing world, our offering goes beyond traditional vehicle financing. We do this by offering a range of finance and aftersales products on Volkswagen Group vehicles, as well as developing innovative mobility products designed to solve real problems.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and we welcome applications from everyone. Diversity and Inclusion is not just a statement for us and we are nurturing an environment where everyone can be their 100% self. If there is anything we can do to support you being your 100% self during our recruitment process, please let us know and we will support you as best we can.
Please do not apply for more than one placement role. This will ensure that you are considered for the placement that you are most interested in and your skills are aligned to.