Structured Finance Reporting Placement Milton Keynes 2024
If you are studying a Finance related degree, enjoy data analysis and are looking for a placement that gives you real responsibility then this could be the perfect role for you!
Joining our Structured Finance team here at Volkswagen Financial Services (VWFS) will mean becoming a part of a successful and specialist team that ensures we have the funding we need to operate and ultimately supports our longer term growth ambitions.
What you could be doing
- You will provide support with month end reporting and data analysis
- Investigate credit balances and liaise with other departments to ensure that these are cleared on a timely basis
- Assist with the investigation of returned stock vehicles and liaise with our Remarketing team to ensure any older vehicles are included in upcoming auctions and sold as a priority
- You will participate in multiple audits including the creation of data files, sitting with the auditors to take them through contract examples and answer any questions
- Preparing monthly arrears analysis to monitor Customer accounts and create a plan of required actions by the business to reduce the arrears position
- Producing monthly Balance Sheet and Bank Account reconciliations
What can you bring with you?
- You will be enrolled at a University which offers a 1 year industrial placement
- You will be studying towards a Finance or Business related degree
- Some Excel understanding would be great but we’ll also teach you the advanced stuff
- You will be able to organise your own workload to meet strict deadlines
- You will need strong analytical, accuracy & problem solving skills
- You will be motivated by new challenges and a willingness to take ownership of tasks
- Have a questioning nature to challenge report outputs
- Actively look to implement process improvements
- You will be flexible and willing to take on new responsibilities.
What we can offer you
- Salary of £20,000 per annum plus discretionary bonus and company pension scheme
- A wealth of experience and a fun and sociable workplace to start your career
- You’ll be joining a group of 49 undergraduates so you’ll have a large group of colleagues so that you can support each other throughout your placement year
- Life Skills workshops, designed specifically for you as an Undergraduate
- Access to a discounted loan car scheme
- Chance to make a difference in the local community with various volunteering opportunities
- Physical and mental health support with our Onsite Wellbeing Centre
- Hybrid blend of working at our office based in Milton Keynes and working from home
What to expect from the assessment process
Once you have decided our placement is for you, click the apply button and fill out some quick multiple-choice questions to support your application. We’ll be in touch shortly after receiving your application to advise if you have been progressed to the next stage. You will then be invited to complete an online video interview where you have the opportunity to tell us about you and your amazing qualities.
If you are successful after completing your video interview, you will be invited to attend an assessment centre at our Milton Keynes offices. Here, you will complete a Competency Based Interview, deliver a Presentation and take part in a Group Exercise. We’ll provide you with appropriate support and guidance before you attend.
This process is designed to help both you and us decide if a placement at Volkswagen Financial Services is the best step for you to kick start your future!
About Volkswagen Financial Services
Our mission is straight forward, we want to be 'The Key to Mobility'. What does that mean? To make getting from A-to-B as easy and simple for as many people as possible. To truly meet the mobility needs of people in a changing world, our offering goes beyond traditional vehicle financing. We do this by offering a range of finance and aftersales products on Volkswagen Group vehicles, as well as developing innovative mobility products designed to solve real problems.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and we welcome applications from everyone. Diversity and Inclusion is not just a statement for us and we are nurturing an environment where everyone can be their 100% self. If there is anything we can do to support you being your 100% self during our recruitment process, please let us know and we will support you as best we can.
Please do not apply for more than one placement role. This will ensure that you are considered for the placement that you are most interested in and your skills are aligned to.