Treasury, Accounting and Finance Placement Milton Keynes 2024
As the Treasury Accounting & Finance Undergraduate, you will join the team responsible for the cash flow of the business.
This is an interesting role that will equip you with experience and knowledge of how this works in a large Financial Services Enterprise. Through daily monitoring, forecasting and reporting, the team ensures we have sufficient liquidity for the business so they’re a pretty important team that you’ll learn lots from.
What you could be doing
- You will focus primarily on assisting the Treasury team with the preparation of the daily cash flow forecasts and borrowing requirements
- Be responsible for the daily preparation and reporting of the opening and closing cash position, reporting on outstanding borrowings and arranging repayments
- Liaise with the Treasury accountants regarding daily cash flow and loan requirements, investigating differences between forecast and actual closing balances
- You will be monitoring bank accounts for all entities on a daily basis and confirm expected payments and receipts to the Treasury team or relevant party, escalating any issues when necessary
- Produce daily cash sheets and payments for Volkswagen Bank, VWFS and MAN Financial Services
- Support the Treasury team with month end tasks, including month end reporting, interest accruals and reconciliations
- Responsible for the timely reporting of monthly team Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
What can you bring with you?
- You will be enrolled at a University which offers a 1 year industrial placement
- You will be studying towards a Finance related degree or qualification
- Intermediate level of excel
- Ability to work flexibly under pressure and deliver to strict deadlines
- Eye for detail and focus on accuracy and statistical problem solving skills
- Self-motivated and a strong team player who is open to new challenges
- Comfortable in building relationships with stakeholders
What we can offer you
- Salary of £20,000 per annum plus discretionary bonus and company pension scheme
- A wealth of experience and a fun and sociable workplace to start your career
- You’ll be joining a group of 49 undergraduates so you’ll have a large group of colleagues so that you can support each other throughout your placement year
- Life Skills workshops, designed specifically for you as an Undergraduate
- Access to a discounted loan car scheme
- Chance to make a difference in the local community with various volunteering opportunities
- Physical and mental health support with our Onsite Wellbeing Centre
- Hybrid blend of working at our office based in Milton Keynes and working from home
What to expect from the assessment process
Once you have decided our placement is for you, click the apply button and fill out some quick multiple-choice questions to support your application. We’ll be in touch shortly after receiving your application to advise if you have been progressed to the next stage. You will then be invited to complete an online video interview where you have the opportunity to tell us about you and your amazing qualities.
If you are successful after completing your video interview, you will be invited to attend an assessment centre at our Milton Keynes offices. Here, you will complete a Competency Based Interview, deliver a Presentation and take part in a Group Exercise. We’ll provide you with appropriate support and guidance before you attend.
This process is designed to help both you and us decide if a placement at Volkswagen Financial Services is the best step for you to kick start your future!
About Volkswagen Financial Services
Our mission is straight forward, we want to be 'The Key to Mobility'. What does that mean? To make getting from A-to-B as easy and simple for as many people as possible. To truly meet the mobility needs of people in a changing world, our offering goes beyond traditional vehicle financing. We do this by offering a range of finance and aftersales products on Volkswagen Group vehicles, as well as developing innovative mobility products designed to solve real problems.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and we welcome applications from everyone. Diversity and Inclusion is not just a statement for us and we are nurturing an environment where everyone can be their 100% self. If there is anything we can do to support you being your 100% self during our recruitment process, please let us know and we will support you as best we can.
Please do not apply for more than one placement role. This will ensure that you are considered for the placement that you are most interested in and your skills are aligned to.