Graduate Consultant Placement Durham 2024
We’re an IT and business advisory consultancy with a focus on forging long-term partnerships and delivering to businesses across the UK and beyond. Offering a range of technical services to a variety of sectors, including higher education, social housing, manufacturing and more. Our clients come from all walks of life, with different backgrounds, experiences, talents, skills and goals - just like our people.
At Waterstons, there is no limit to what you can achieve! We're committed to your growth, offering mentorship, continuous learning opportunities, and a supportive community that thrives on your success.
We have an unlimited training budget designed for your professional development ready for you to use from day one, along with a development programme to get you where you want to be! Your Waterstons journey will be filled with meaningful experiences, impactful projects, and the chance to shape your own future.
We have a question for you: Are you looking for a job? Or do you want a career in which you can make a difference, where people are put first, where collaboration, empowerment and innovation are encouraged.
A bit about you
We like to think our culture is our greatest source of strength. We are building a team and business with a shared set of values and our clients tell us they can feel the difference.
We’re looking for those who are hungry for a challenge, those keen and willing to learn new things, to develop and adapt. We’re looking for curious souls and those excited by the prospect of solving intricate client problems. If you're eager to roll up your sleeves, tackle challenges head-on, and help bring about positive change, this is the role for you.
We work in a collaborative environment where diverse perspectives come together to spark innovation. Your ideas won't just be heard – they'll be celebrated and nurtured.
What you’ll do
You’ll work with small teams to complete on the job training and independent learning. We’re a company of 300 people split into four main divisions and lots of different roles.
Maybe you don’t know exactly what you want to be and that’s ok, we’ll help you find the right role. Many of our people have moved between departments to find the right fit.
What are you passionate about? We want to help you develop along the career path you choose and once you know, we can turn your passion into a purpose. We’ll help you get a good foundation and see what each of our divisions does. Here’s a snapshot of each of our divisions:
- Technological and Support
- Offering everything from remote and onsite client support to cloud services Our team design, build and implement future proof technology infrastructure and systems plus much more!
- Our cyber consultants provide strategy, assurance and a 24/7 security operations centre; ensuring our clients businesses are resilient, compliant and secure.
- Digital Delivery
- From bespoke software solutions and support, automation and integration, to data and analytics, this division helps our clients look to the future, optimise processes, and gain a competitive edge.
- Advisory Services
- From business to technology, mergers and acquisitions to project management, our team of consultants help organisations to solve problems and shape long term improvements.
The Waterstons perks
We offer careers, not jobs and it’s up to you where your career with Waterstons takes you. All employees are given a career development plan with L&D opportunities. Some of our amazing benefits include:
- Unlimited holidays (they really are unlimited!)
- Flexible and remote working
- Gym and retail discounts
- Private medical insurance
- Encourage you to look at CSR – check out what we are already doing: Social responsibility | Waterstons
- The deadline for applications is 8 December 2023
- The deadline for video interviews is 15 December 2023
- Successful candidates will then be invited to book an Assessment Day by 22nd December 2023
- Assessment Days will take place throughout January 2024 in our Durham, London and Glasgow office.
- You will know whether you have been successful by the end of January 2024
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early. We require a security check to be carried out on all colleagues due to the nature of some of our clients’ industries.
Waterstons is committed to creating and an inclusive, understanding, and flexible place to work. We value diversity, equality and inclusion and encourage everyone to 'bring their whole selves' to work.
We believe that a company that works to truly embrace and value diversity, create an environment where everyone from any background can do their best work, and feel valued and appreciated is a better company to work for.
Waterstons are gathering the data in this application for the purpose of recruitment and to ensure we can contact you regarding this application.