Assistant Credit Manager London 2024
At Close Brothers we look to recruit individuals from all different backgrounds and encourage you to apply even if you don’t tick every box. We celebrate diversity, promote inclusivity and are open to discuss flexible work options to help you balance your work and home life.
Join Close Brothers Asset Finance & Leasing team (CBAFL) where you will be responsible for underwriting deals in line with the business’ credit risk appetite and policy. In addition, the role will provide credit recommendations to more senior underwriters / committees and assist the business in structuring deals to mitigate key risks arising.
The role sits within the second line of defence and reports to the Asset and Leasing Senior Credit Manager. The role will have a delegated credit authority.
- Develop a strong understanding of CBAFL’s business model and credit policy and how a deal should be structured, adhering to bank and CBAFL policy, procedures, and risk appetite
- Underwrite for CBAFL and other divisions as part of the shared services model within delegated credit authority and to agreed Service Level Agreements (SLA's). Decisions should be clearly and concisely articulated with clarity on conditions
- Provide credit recommendations to more senior underwriters
- Work with the business to help identify key risks within a deal and structure accordingly to mitigate the risks
We would love to hear from you if
- Previous experience of financial assessment and knowledge of underwriting techniques and requirements – preferred
- Understanding of finance to the SME sector
- Interpersonal and influencing skills
- Analytical skills
We are an inclusive organisation and committed to ensuring our recruitment process is as accessible as possible to everyone. We will make adjustments for people who have a disability or long-term condition. If you need the job description or application form in an alternative format or would like to discuss the recruitment process with us, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or request a call back.
For roles offering hybrid working: At Close Brothers we support employees to balance their work life priorities and in this role you will be able to enjoy a mixture of hybrid working.
Close Brothers is a leading UK merchant banking group providing lending, deposit taking, wealth management services and securities trading. At Close Brothers we provide financial support and advice to small businesses and individuals in the UK. Our purpose is to help the people and businesses of Britain thrive over the long term.