Graduate Integrity Engineer Aberdeen 2024
Join Wood! It’s a future for all of us. We aspire to shape a better tomorrow by unlocking solutions that address the biggest challenges facing our clients and our society. Wood is currently recruiting for Graduate Integrity Engineers to join our teams across the UK.
We are looking for dynamic, versatile individuals with a desire to support fast moving varied projects in a variety of integrity applications Globally, including but not limited to energy transportation, processing and as well as a variety of manufacturing and production environments.
Our projects currently include hydrogen, carbon capture, renewable and hydrocarbon energies, with a continuous focus on delivery and client satisfaction. We are applying engineer knowledge to develop our digital toolkit and create software solutions to solve problems encountered across the energy industry. Typical work scopes included within the remit of the Integrity Engineer are:
- Perform risk-based engineering assessments.
- Understand the relationship between design and fitness-for-service
- Understand the relationship between integrated life management and fitness-for-service
- Apply digital technologies and data analysis techniques to engineering condition assessments
- Assist with in-house development of digital tools & programs
- Be involved in project planning, expediting and execution
- Understand and be capable of writing reports to a high standard
- Participate in internal workshops and training lectures
- Become familiar with Wood’s systems and software
Our clients and projects
Our Clients cover a range of industries, from traditional oil and gas through to chemical processing, pharmaceutical, wind energy, direct air carbon capture and hydrogen and CO2 transportation and beyond. We provide ongoing annual support to long-term clients, consultancy to Projects and Operations businesses as well as fast-response studies for our Client’s immediate concerns.
The successful candidate would join the 2024 cohort of Graduates and would benefit from working with Subject Matter Experts and comprehensive internal training programmes.
Skills & qualifications
- Graduate engineer with a minimum 2:1 Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering / Technical field or a Master’s degree from a recognised university in a relevant subject such as:
- Integrity Management
- Data Science
- Materials Engineering
- Computer Science
- Risk Management
- Demonstrable skills that show an understanding of digital data analysis
- Preference will be given to graduates with previous appropriate industry experience gained before, during or after their university courses
- Engineers who have undergone undergraduate internship in Integrity engineering will have added advantage
- Demonstrate initiative, tenacity and excellent communication skills
- Possess an ability to learn quickly and be adaptable and flexible to match business requirements
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary team environments
- Must have the right to work in the UK
What we offer within our Graduate Programme
- Structured program; within your chosen business unit
- Technical and personal development; you will have access to a wealth of technical and personal development resources and opportunities
- Support throughout your career; you will be assigned a buddy, and departmental manager to ensure your professional development and achieve chartership status where relevant
- Meaningful and interesting projects; delivered to leaders of industry across the different Energy and Materials market sectors
- Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion; we are an organisation actively committed to diversity and inclusion across our business
- Competitive salary with incremental increases as you progress within the graduate program
- Flexible benefits package; inclusive of 33 days annual leave (including public holidays), generous contributory pension scheme, private medical cover, 4x base salary life insurance; all of these and more that can be adapted to suit your own lifestyle
- Early Careers Network (ECN); join your peers within our ECN and have the opportunity to support and share ideas with other recent graduates across our business units
- Global connections; join experts around the world who are at the leading edge of our industry, shaping the standards of our profession
- Work-Life Balance; hybrid working is now the typical format adopted by most of our consulting staff. You will be given the necessary equipment, access and support to work remotely, in addition to collaborating and learning in person at one of our UK office.
Application process and deadlines
- Upload your CV and enter your details to our recruitment system via the link on the advert
- Closing date for all applications will be Friday 10th November
- We will review applications in November
- We will then be holding screening calls throughout November / December with those candidates that fit the criteria below
- Shortlisted candidates will receive invitations to assessment centres and/or interviews in January
- Assessments will take place in February depending on location and discipline