CNS Software Engineering Intern
At Xilinx, we are leading the industry transformation to build an adaptable, intelligent world. ARE YOU bold, collaborative, and creative? We develop leaders and innovators who want to revolutionize the world of technology. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, pushing boundaries, and working together as ONEXILINX, anything is possible.
Our culture of innovation began with the invention of the Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA), and with the 2018 introduction of our Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform (ACAP), has made a quantum leap in capability, solidifying our role as the adaptable platform supplier of choice. From the beginning, we have always believed in providing inventors with products and platforms that are infinitely adaptable. From self-driving cars, to world-record genome processing, to AI and big data, to the world's first 5G networks, we empower the world's builders and visionaries whose ideas solve every day problems and improve people's lives.
If you are PASSIONATE, ADAPTABLE, and INNOVATIVE, Xilinx is the right place for you! At Xilinx, we care deeply about creating significant development experiences while building a strong sense of belonging and connection. We champion an environment of empowered learning, wellness, community engagement, and recognition, so you can focus on work that matters - world class technology that improves the way we live and work. We are ONEXILINX.
The CNS (Converged Networking Storage team), which is part of Xilinx’s fast growing Data Centre line of business, is seeking interns with an interest in embedded and systems software development.
The CNS team is developing next-generation networking solutions for cloud data centre operators combining network, storage and compute offload.
This is an exciting position working on leading edge datacenter technologies and provides exposure to software-hardware development, embedded CPUs (ARM, Microblaze), RTOS, low-level operating system software (linux kernel), networking protocols, performance characterization/optimization, software development automation systems and SDLC practices (including design, development, verification, validation, debugging, review and customer engagement).
Responsibilities may include:
- Work within a software development team on leading edge FPGA-Networking solutions, this may include:
- Learning key technologies and developing feature enhancements
- Developing software development and test automation (Continuous integration)
- Performance benchmarking
- 3rd or 4th year Masters or Bachelors student in Computer Science or related Engineering degrees.
- Knowledge of at least 1 programming language (python, C etc…), with some practical project (industry, course or extra-curricular) experience in its use
Any relevant networking/embedded etc… project experience desirable
- Familiar with working on a linux operating system (shell, ssh etc…)
- Familiar with software development practices and tools including version control (e.g. github.com), source code editors, make-compile-link flow and software methodologies,
- Interest and any experience in computer networking, digital hardware desired.
- Excellent writing, communication, teamwork & problem-solving skills