Lewisham is a growing, dynamic London Borough and an exciting place to launch your career. The council is transforming with new leadership and big ideas, making this a really exciting time to join and make a difference, with a fulfilling position at the frontline of local government.
Join the Private Sector Housing Agency (PSHA) at Lewisham Council in one of their excellent available roles. The agency that makes a difference:
- Improving property standards in the private rented sector through property licensing and enforcement
- Working with good landlords to deliver good temporary accommodation for all citizens – young, old, singles and families - and act swiftly and decisively against landlords who exploit the most vulnerable
- Providing grants or loans to some of our most vulnerable and frail residents to enable them to continue to live safely and happily in their own homes
Current available posts for new entrants or those with some related experience:
6 x Trainee & Licensing and Housing Enforcement Officers (starting £27,402 - £32,592)
Work on the frontline, positively and actively improving the standard of private sector housing stock in the borough by licencing properties and taking enforcement action against landlords who are not protecting their tenants.
1 x Training & Project Co-ordinator (starting £32,592)
To develop and deliver a range of projects – big and small – across the business, to ensure the continual improvement of services. You'll work independently and as part of a wider project team across all business areas.
Current posts available for those with more experience:
1 x Property & Business Accounts Officer (starting £27,402)
You'll build on your financial management skills as you ensure that Landlords are consistently paid on time, and provide expert financial advice to our partners and customers. For this role we’re looking for students with a finance or business management degree.
1 x Resettlement Officer (starting £32,592)
You'll help tenants transition from temporary accommodation to a more settled home either in Lewisham or an area where they can grow and thrive. A great opportunity for someone with customer service skills combined with the ability to close a deal.
By joining the PSHA team you'll be making a visible difference to the lives of local people:
- Prosecuting landlords who overcrowd families; evict them without notice and charge them exorbitant rents, supporting local people like Mary and her disabled mother
- Helping less able bodied people like Edward to secure a grant to get a stair lift put into his home so he can sleep in his own bed for the first time in 5 years
- Changing lives by finding new temporary homes in the private rented sector for people like Isobel, so they never have to sleep rough again
What we will give you:
- You'll receive excellent training, and the support and responsibility to build transferable leadership, project management and communication skills
- You'll join a fantastic team of like-minded people, striving to make real change, who inspire and support you to achieve your best
- Enjoy a competitive salary and great employee benefits
We are looking for people who are:
- Ambitious, efficient, intelligent, hard-working and can effectively problem solve. Certain roles require more experience, however excellent training and support are provided
- Socially committed and care about the outcome for customers
- Agents of change, with the creativity and flexibility to try new approaches to deliver outcomes
Tips for a stand out application
Make sure you check out the person specification on the Lewisham Council website - in order to get shortlisted it's crucial that you demonstrate clearly how you meet specific job criteria (labelled in the specification with an S). Use examples from your work, university or life experience to demonstrate that you have the required skillset. We would recommend that you add a cover letter explaining what attracted you to this particular role.
If you would like to speak informally with someone on the team please contact.
Madeleine Jeffery – email@example.com or 0208 314 9484
Ursula Lindo – firstname.lastname@example.org or 0208 314 3350