To celebrate our 10th anniversary, we’re spearheading an incredible opportunity to launch the career of 10 lucky members! Enter Bright Network's GradVantage competition to have a chance of winning one of 10 prize packages. Not only will one of these packages give you the ultimate GradVantage for your early career, but you'll also get the opportunity to be mentored by professionals who work for industry-leading employers.
Hurry, the deadline for entries is Monday, 20 November 2023!
What can you win?
There are 10 prize packages to be won. Each includes;
Mentor programme: A six-month mentorship program where each winner is paired with an experienced professional in their field of study/sector of interest. Mentors will provide invaluable guidance, advice and insights to help you navigate early career challenges. The programme provides mentors from a range of backgrounds including;
- Media & marketing
- Financial services
- Business & commercial
Excitingly, winners will be paired with a mentor from world-class employers including Allianz, Citi, Clifford Chance, Dyson, Equinix, Gartner, Lloyds Banking Group, P&G, WTW and Warner Bros Discovery.
Application & interview preparation: CV & LinkedIn review, personalised interview preparation and training.
Financial planning training: Session with a financial advisor who will guide you on managing your finances, setting up a budget and planning for your future.
Personal branding workshop: Workshop on developing a professional brand including professional headshots and guidance on using social media effectively.
Wardrobe glow up: A £150 voucher you can put towards a new professional wardrobe for networking, interviews and working life.
Railcard: A three-year 16-25 Railcard to support your travel to university, internship, job interviews and work!
Who can win?
The competition is open to existing and new Bright Network members. Members must be currently in university in the United Kingdom.
How do I enter?
To enter, fill out a short application form using the 'apply now' button below telling us which industry you’re interested in for the mentorship programme, and tell us in 300-400 words why you deserve to win.
- 20 November at 23:59pm: Deadline to enter.
- 1 December: Winners contacted.
- January 2024: Mentor sessions commence.
- January - March 2024: Application & interview preparation, financial planning and personal branding workshops occur virtually.
Frequently asked questions
Who can enter GradVantage?
The GradVantage competition is open to all current students at UK universities. You need to be a Bright Network member to enter. Good luck!
How will I know if I've won?
If you've won, a Bright Network team member will contact you by phone and/or email on 1st December 2023. We'll announce the results of the competition on Monday 4 December.
What should I include in my application?
To apply for the GradVantage competition, you must choose a sector you're interested in and submit a 300-400-word answer on why you should win. Here is what you should think about when writing your answer:
- We want to be inspired! We know you've got big aspirations for your career - let us know how winning the GradVantage competition would help you achieve them.
- What excites you about the sector you've chosen? We want to support you in getting into the sector of your choice. Why are you excited about the sector and why do you want to explore it?
- Think about what you've already achieved. If you've already completed a project, an internship or any other relevant experience, we want to hear about it. Let us know what you've already achieved and how you could take this even further if you win.
- Show us your personality! We want to help you. Tell us about yourself, your goals and what excites you, so we feel we know who we are supporting.