Aon - Women in ActuaryBy Aon
After the popularity of previous event series, Bright Network are teaming up with leading insurance and financial services firm, Aon, again this February for Women in Actuary. This is a valuable opportunity for our bright female members to connect with a top employer, explore a new career path and have your Aon application fast-tracked.
The virtual Women in Actuary series will consist of an introductory event, followed by 4 insight sessions where you can explore different aspects of the actuarial career path, understand what qualifications are needed and even practise your interview technique through a mock interview session. You'll also be paired with a mentor from Aon, who you can meet with regularly to ask questions and receive tailored advice.
Join us on 22nd February to meet the Aon team, hear about life at the firm and learn how to make the most of the programme.
The world’s full of surprises; with economic upheaval, political crises, natural disasters and plenty more. Few things are certain in life. That’s why we’ve built a team of 50,000 experts: to help the biggest names in business plan for every eventuality.
We’re a leading global professional services firm, providing a range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our international network of clients count on us to create empowering results for their businesses, using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
If you're a great communicator who likes statistics, research, analysis, problem-solving and fresh challenges, there's a role at Aon to suit you.
Get a head-start in the application process by gaining valuable industry insights and be fast-tracked to Aon's assessment centre for their internship or graduate programmes after the event
Gain hands-on experience in an exclusive case study brief and presentation, as well as workshops and skills sessions
Receive feedback from an Aon mentor and ask them your questions
Aon Women in Actuary has been tailored to female BAME Bright Network members who want to carve out a career in the Risk, Insurance & Reinsurance sector.
- Tuesday 22nd February, 1pm - 4:30pm - Half-day event: Welcome and outline of the programme
- Friday 25th February, 2pm - 3:30pm - Insight session (Introduction to Retirement and networking with Retirement and Investment graduates)
- Tuesday 1st March, 2pm - 3:30pm - Insight session (Mock Interview Technique)
- Thursday 3rd March, 2pm - 3:30pm - Insight session (Actuarial Overview and networking with Reinsurance graduates)
- Tuesday 8th March, 2pm - 3:30pm - Insight session (Introduction to Actuarial Careers and Qualifications and networking with Actuarial graduates)
Plus, regular mentoring sessions with a member of the Aon team.
Please note: by attending the event, you are committing to attending and participating in all of the sessions. You will need to engage in all of the sessions in order to be fast-tracked through the application process.
Who can attend?
Undergraduate Black, Asian and Ethnic minority (BAME) female students studying a STEM degree at a UK university
2022 graduates looking for a graduate scheme, or 2023 and 2024 graduates looking for an internship programme or industrial placement
On track for a 2.1 or above and have demonstrated academic excellence throughout their education
Acheived an A in Maths at A-Level (or equivalent)
Who haven't already been unsuccessful in any application to Aon within the past year
We welcome applications from members from a broad range of academic backgrounds with a passion for and interest in a career as an actuary.
Fun facts about Aon:
- They employ 50,000 people across 120 countries
- They're listed as a Stonewall Top 100 Employer and on the Top 25 D&I Champions List 2021
- They have 15 Business Resource Groups (BRGs) that are voluntarily organised by colleagues around shared interests and experiences. Their BRGs have a significant impact on improving the firm's culture and environment, ability to hire, ability to develop and retain diverse colleagues, and capacity to connect to the diverse communities in which our colleagues live and work. Examples of their BRGs include: Multicultural Diversity Group, Aon Pride Alliance, Mental Health Network and Women’s International Network
How to apply:
To secure your spot at the event, click the Apply Now button at the top of the page and complete the application form. Spaces are very limited, so we recommend you apply as early as possible.