Aon - Black Heritage Actuarial Insight ProgrammeBy Aon
This autumn, we're offering 25 of our bright Black Heritage members the opportunity to join Aon's Actuarial Insight Programme. This is a unique programme unlike many others, as it provides students like you with the opportunity to gain an insider view into a career in actuary from the experts themselves. You'll be able to join weekly insight sessions and have regular mentor meetings that will help you boost your applications, succeed in your interviews, and feel confident about yourself and career prospects.
The world’s full of surprises; with economic upheaval, political crises, natural disasters and plenty more. Few things are certain in life. That’s why we’ve built a team of 50,000 experts: to help the biggest names in business plan for every eventuality.
We’re a leading global professional services firm, providing a range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our international network of clients count on us to create empowering results for their businesses, using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
If you're a great communicator who likes statistics, research, analysis, problem-solving and fresh challenges, there's a role at Aon to suit you.
- Discover more about the actuarial career paths with Aon
- Meet actuarial professionals from across the firm who are keen to share their knowledge and experience of this career path in panel, networking and mentoring sessions
- Find out more about the professional qualifications Aon's actuarial graduates study and how it supports their career development
- Take advantage of this unique opportunity to make valuable connections with the Aon team
- Get the chance to be fast-tracked in the application process for an Aon internship or graduate scheme after the event
Monday 1st November, 1pm - 4:30pm Half-day event: Welcome and outline of the programme
Friday 5th November, 2pm - 3:15pm Insight session 1
Wednesday 10th November, 10am - 11:15am Insight session 2
Monday 15th November, 2pm - 3:15pm Insight session 3
Thursday 25th November, 10am - 11:15am Insight session 4 with mock assessment centre
Plus, weekly mentoring sessions.
All of Aon's insight sessions will be approximately 1.25 hours, with a different topic being covered each week.
Please note: by attending the event, you are committing to attending and participating in all of the sessions. You will need to engage in all of the sessions in order to be fast-tracked through the application process.
Who can attend?
Undergraduate Black Heritage Bright Network members studying Maths, Physics, Actuarial Science or Economics at a UK university
2021 and 2022 graduates looking for a graduate scheme at Aon, or 2023 and 2024 graduates looking for an internship at Aon
On track for a 2.1 or above and have demonstrated academic excellence throughout their education
Achieved a grade A in Maths at A-Level or equivalent
Fun facts about Aon:
- Aon employ 50,000 people across 120 countries
- They're listed as a Stonewall Top 100 Employer and a 2021 Top 25 D&I Champion
- Aon have 15 Business Resource Groups (BRGs) that are voluntarily organised by colleagues around shared interests and experiences. Their BRGs have a significant impact on improving the firm's culture and environment, ability to hire, ability to develop and retain diverse colleagues, and capacity to connect to the diverse communities in which our colleagues live and work. Examples of their BRGs include: Multicultural Diversity Group, Aon Pride Alliance, Mental Health Network and Women’s International Network
How to apply:
To secure your spot on this prestigious programme, click the Apply Now button at the top of the page and complete the application form. Spaces are very limited to ensure attendees can make meaningful connections and experience the event fully, so we recommend you apply as early as possible to avoid missing out.