Commercial Law Workshop (Durham)By Bright Network
We are delighted to be hosting a skills workshop for students in Durham interested in a career in Commercial Law. Taking place at the university in partnership with Durham Law School, it will equip you to submit stand out applications to leading law firms and give you the edge during the assessment process.
Our session will be delivered by ex-Freshfields lawyer and City Careers Series author, Jake Schogger. In this skills workshop, we will cover a variety of topics including:
- Boosting your employability
- Answering career motivation questions
- Answering firm motivation questions
- Answering competency questions: how to effectively articulate your experience
- Defining “commercial awareness” and explaining how to build it
- Structuring your interview preparation
- Dealing with a negotiation task
- What it like working at a Magic Circle firm (the hours, taking holiday, saying 'no' and everything else)
The interactive workshop will also give you the chance to have all your questions answered. To book your spot, click the apply now button - hurry though, places are filling up fast.