Partner event series: Launching and running a start-upBy Bright Network
Kicking off the Careers Service Partner event series is an event all around launching and running a start-up. Many successful CEOs launched their start-ups at university including Jake Schogger - Founder of City Careers Series who joins this event to share his unique insights and advice. This is a highly personal and immensely practical session designed to equip you with the tools and insights needed to help you develop, launch, market and grow a start-up.
Strong leadership and commercial acumen are skills that graduate employers are always looking for in top candidates. This 1.5 hour session has been designed to help you develop in these areas further, supporting:
- Students with aspirations of one day setting up their own businesses or working as freelancers.
- Students looking to develop more in-depth commercial awareness relating to how businesses operate.
- Students who are trying to determine whether a more traditional career path is really for them.
What we’ll cover:
- Coming up with a business idea
- Administering a business
- Creating a brand
- Developing, marketing and selling your product/service
- Managing your customers
- Understanding what it takes to run a business
- Recommended resources to help you along the way
Kier Kemp is an entrepreneur, marketeer and professional musician, with a background working in creative agencies. Kier founded his own record label aged 21 and built a successful career as a touring musician, before transitioning into the start-up world. In his mid 20s, Kier started consulting for tech start-ups and freelancing as a creative consultant and marketing manager, applying the many transferable skills he had developed and lessons he had learned to help businesses hone their offerings and connect with their target audiences. He then launched his own food business – Condimaniac – which has since garnered an impressive array of press attention, won a variety of awards, and grown exponentially.
Click the Apply now button now to book your place. We look forward to seeing you there.