Introduction to our Chartered Governance Qualifying ProgrammeBy The Chartered Governance Institute UK & Ireland
Do you want to study towards becoming a Company Secretary or a Chartered Governance Professional in your field? Would you like to study a varied and structured course with flexible entry routes leading to Chartered status?
Our Chartered Governance Qualifying Programme qualification can be completed in two to four years, depending on your prior experience, qualifications and pace of study. There are two parts to the qualification:
- Part One (Level 6 or final year undergraduate degree). Students with a degree-level qualification and experience in law, finance or governance can start at this level, which builds on your technical knowledge of law, governance, finance and compliance.
- Part Two (Level 7 or postgraduate degree level). Upon completing Part One, students then build on and develop commercial understanding through studying risk, strategy and boardroom dynamics.
There are other possible entry routes to Part One, which the webinar will discuss.
Here are some examples of the types of roles you could apply for upon completion of the Chartered Qualifying Programme qualification:
- assistant company secretary
- company secretary
- head of governance
- governance & compliance manager/director
- manager/director of corporate services
The Chartered Governance Institute has been qualifying governance professionals since 1891, and thousands of students have completed their qualifications with us over the years. We know that it is a big decision to take on a qualification and are offering this webinar to help you to find out:
- what our Chartered Governance Qualifying Programme qualification entails;
- how attaining a qualification in corporate governance will help advance your career;
- what career path you might take as a corporate governance professional; and
- what a former student and tutor say about their experience.