Expedia: Engineer your CareerBy Expedia Group
Are you a tech whizz with a passion for problem-solving? A bright mind with a strong creative streak? If the answer is a resounding yes, don't miss this exclusive opportunity for Bright Network members to explore a career with the largest online travel company in the world.
Expedia is hosting a unique, female-focused event at their London HQ, where you can find out first-hand what life is really like at this award-winning company.
With one of the widest selections of accommodation online, Expedia is a one-stop shopping source. They test everything, from new functionality within mobile apps or on websites, analysing results from initiatives and campaigns, yielding fascinating customer insights and driving massive business growth.
Data is really valuable, but it can be messy. Working at Expedia your daily task will be to get the “juicy” information out of it. This can be done via collecting statistics, visualisation and dashboard, and applying state of the art techniques to big data in order to understand the ever changing online travel market.
What to expect
- Build your technical skills during interactive workshops and group project and presentation to an Expedia panel
- Hear from the bright, analytical minds behind their success and pick up top tips from those in the know
- Network with recruiters and key decision-makers from a range of brands under the Expedia umbrella
If you're thinking about a career in tech, this is an unmissable chance to find out more about this sought-after industry. Throughout the day, you'll pick up essential advice to help you ace your future applications.
There is an opportunity to highlight your talent and stand out on the day, which may lead to an internship or graduate opportunity with this leading business.
- You must be studying towards a Science, Technology, Engineering or Maths (STEM) degree or similar
- Graduating in 2017, 2018 or 2019
- Have some coding ability and interested in software development
- Dress code is smart casual
This is an unmissable opportunity and places are very limited - we recommend applying as soon as possible.
If you have any questions about the event, please get in touch with our Events Team.