Experience ExxonMobil 2019 - Technical Chemical Engineering PlacementsBy ExxonMobil
At ExxonMobil we’re using technology and innovation to meet the world’s growing energy needs. We’re recruiting now for exceptional people who we can empower to think independently, take initiative and be innovative as part of our energy. We invite you to apply to Experience ExxonMobil to explore the opportunities waiting for you and fast track yourself towards a student placement in 2020.
ExxonMobil UK - 2020 Placement Opportunities
Our placements offer real work experience, either over our eight week Summer Placement or 13 month Industrial Placement, starting in July 2020. While on placement with ExxonMobil you will have support and guidance from managers, supervisors and more recent graduates to enable you to use your degree knowledge and fulfil your potential, gaining confidence and experience as an individual by learning new skills in a real operational environmental. Our placements are paid and we offer competitive salary and benefits.
We have opportunities for technical placements for Chemical Engineers at the following UK sites:
- Advanced Elastomer Systems, located in Newport (Wales), which is one of the world's leading suppliers of thermoplastic elastomers
- Fawley Refinery and Chemical Plant, located near Southampton (England), which is the largest and most technically complex refining and petrochemical facility in the UK
- Fife Ethylene Plant, located near Edinburgh (Scotland), which is one of the largest in Europe
Fast Track Your Application and Experience ExxonMobil
We know that choosing your placement can be a difficult decision, therefore, we invite you to apply to Experience ExxonMobil to enable you to make an informed decision on your preferred placement programme having learnt more about us and our career opportunities.
- We’ll introduce you to ExxonMobil’s businesses in the UK and the opportunities available
- ExxonMobil’s recent graduates will tell you what working for ExxonMobil is really like and what you can expect from our placement programmes
- Our Career Expo will then give you a networking opportunity to meet with and ask questions of our hiring managers and recent graduates
- Finally you’ll get to Experience ExxonMobil up close on a bus tour of the Fawley site
Your Experience ExxonMobil day does not end there, it is the fast track route to securing your 2020 placement. With your decision on your preferred placement programme made we’ll interview you for that programme on the day whilst you’re at the event – the majority of our 2019 placement students secured their placement in this way at Experience ExxonMobil events in 2018.
We want your experience with ExxonMobil to be a success for you and for the Company. Ultimately ExxonMobil are looking to recruit future leaders so your placement could secure you a graduate career in the future too.
Event dates: 10, 11, 17 September 2019
To be eligible for the Experience ExxonMobil events and our 2020 placements you must:
- Be in the penultimate year of your degree course in the 2019-2020 academic year
- Be seeking to gain work experience on a paid Summer Placement or Industrial Placement commencing in July 2020
- Be expecting to achieve a minimum of 2:1 Bachelors/Masters degree (or equivalent) in Chemical Engineering
- Have a minimum of three A levels (or equivalent) of at least grade B
Ready to Experience ExxonMobil? Check that you're eligible and apply now before applications close at midnight on 31 July 2019.
If your application meets the minimum criteria, you will be invited to take our online test which you must complete within five days of receiving the invitation. Candidates who pass the online test will be invited to a comptency based Skype interview between May and August. If you're successful, you'll then receive an invitation via email to Experience ExxonMobil by mid-August
If you're not successful in applying to Experience ExxonMobil, we'll aim to let you know via email by mid-August if not sooner.
Conditions of Employment
Successful candidates will be made a conditional offer of employment. The conditions include, but are not limited to: a satisfactory criminal records disclosure; satisfactory employment references over five years (where applicable); verification of qualifications, including any professional accreditation stated in the application; completion of a pre-employment medical, including a test for illicit or unprescribed drugs in accordance with the Company's safety policies; and the legal right to work on the agreed commencement date.
ExxonMobil and its United Kingdom subsidiary companies, Esso Petroleum Company, Limited, and ExxonMobil Chemical Limited, are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. All applicants are offered equal opportunity to demonstrate their abilities during our recruitment processes, therefore, please contact the Recruitment Team if you wish to discuss any particular requirements to enable you to complete our recruitment process.