Business Strategy & Consulting Summer School 2019By Imperial College Business School
This course will enable you to actively and critically learn and apply business strategy concepts to diagnose, manage, design and change commonly faced challenges by organisations. Concepts of consulting will be also analysed to provide you with a strong understanding of strategic approaches for managing consulting projects and managing clients.
Topics covered will include:
- The central concepts in strategic management and consulting practice
- Frameworks and tools for internal and external analyses
- The relationship between the different strategic management concepts and consulting strategies
Business Strategy & Consulting will teach you to understand the complexity of an organisation’s environment in terms of strategic concepts and decisions. You will also learn the key skills and analytical frameworks necessary for effective consulting and delivering client value.
Further information about Business Strategy & Consulting is available in the course outline.
Delivered by a mix of face-to-face lectures and classes. Lecture content and class material will be made available through an interactive online teaching and learning hub – The Summer School Hub.
Workshops will use case studies, structured discussions and in-class exercises to demonstrate the application of concepts as you learn. You will also be expected to complete significant private study, exam preparation and group assignment work outside of your scheduled classes.
- 1 group assignment – (30% of final mark)
- 1 final individual examination – (70% of final mark)
Imperial College London will issue an official transcript with a final overall numerical mark – a breakdown of results will not be provided.
Imperial College London reserves the right to change or alter the courses offered without notice.
Guest speakers and trips
Guest speakers such as recent Business School alumni working in relevant industries will visit the Summer School. Speakers on previous courses included Richard Williams, Former CEO of Mott MacDonald, who delivered a talk on ‘Making strategic and business planning real, effective and useful’. Trips will also be organised to compliment your learning.
- Course dates: 22 July – 9 August 2019
- Direct contact hours: 45
- Academic level: Equivalent to an undergraduate course
- Suggested credit level: 3 – 4 US / 7.5 ECTS credits. Your home institution will determine how much credit is awarded