Corporate Governance through Voice and ExitBy London Business School
This first result seminar will present first results from an ongoing project based on a unique data set provided by a large UK asset manager, Standard Life Investments – seeking to answer questions like:
* What are the internal governance and stewardship workings of a large active owner?
* How do voice and exit interact in practice?
* How does corporate governance influence fund manager decisions?
* Does voice and exit matter for performance?
Session: 17:30 – 19:30
Drinks reception: 19:30 – 20:00
* Professor Marco Becht (Solvay Brussels School, CEPR and ECGI)
* Professor Julian Franks (London Business School, CEPR and ECGI)
* Professor Hannes Wagner (Bocconi)
* Professor Colin Mayer CBE FBA, Oxford University, CEPR and ECGI
* John Kay CBE FRSE FBA, Visiting Professor, London School of Economics
* Sir Richard Lambert, Chairman of the British Museum and of Bloomsbury Publishing Plc
* Keith Skeoch, Chief Executive Officer, Standard Life plc
* Euan Stirling, Head of Stewardship and ESG Investment, Standard Life Investments