Schroders - Future Black Talent Insight DayBy Schroders
Bright Network is excited to host Schroders' Future Black Talent Insight Day this August. We're offering 35 of our brightest Black Heritage members the opportunity to meet with an established, global leader in the financial services sector.
At this unmissable Insight Day you'll have the opportunity to hear from a top employer and ask them your questions about Schroders' application process, company culture, and client-focused approach to asset management.
Even if you weren't previously sure of what Schroders do, you'd definitely recognise their name or logo. Schroders is one of the most established asset management firms in the world, with over two centuries of experience. The global industry leader operates from 37 countries across Europe, the Americas, Asia, the Middle East and Africa and specialises in an individualised, client-focused approach to financial services. They use their wealth of expertise to create and deliver long-term value for their stakeholders and clients. Schroders' tried-and-tested strategy sets them apart from other management firms and makes them a great place to start your career.
Schroders strives for an inclusive and diverse work environment, where their teams can bring their authentic selves to work, in order to benefit the team, the business and their clients. They are focused on finding talented people, no matter your background, who align with their core values: passion, innovation, integrity, teamwork, and excellence. Plus, with their 13 active Employee Resource Groups that include ethnicity groups, mental health, and gender equality, there is a place for everyone at Schroders.
- Hear from a leading global asset management firm based in the City, the heart of London's financial district.
- Connect with current graduates during the networking and panel sessions and ask them your questions about their roles and career journeys so far.
- Discover more about the firm's intern and graduate programmes and receive top tips and advice for the application process
Who can attend?
- Undergraduate Black Heritage students graduating in 2022 or 2023
- Interested in a career within Asset Management or Financial Services at Schroders
- Any degree subjects welcome
12:15pm - 12:30pm - Students log on to platform
12:30pm - 1:00pm - Introduction and keynote by Remi Olu-Pitan (Fund Manager - Multi Asset Investments)
1:00pm - 2:00pm - Graduate panel with Isabel Duah (Investment), Ella Thomas (Group Change), and more
2:00pm - 2:15pm - Break
2:15pm - 2:45pm - Skills session: CVs and interviews by Lauren Hillier and Danielle Hughes (Early Years Recruitment)
2:45pm - 3:30pm - Structured networking with Schroder representatives, including Emmanuelle Mathey (Head of Credit Risk), Sarah Amponsah (Compliance Analyst), James Bilson (Fixed Income Specialist), Edmund Lawrence Madu (Business Analyst), Paul Larbie (Product Executive, Fixed Income), Isabel Duah (Graduate, Investment), Jonathan Campbell (Senior Compliance Manager), and more
3:30pm - 4:00pm - Session on the Schroders application process by Lauren Hillier and Danielle Hughes (Early Years Recruitment)
4:00pm - 4:15pm - Event wrap up, next steps and takeaways
Fun facts about Schroders
- They are responsible for £574.4 billion of assets for their clients
- 98% of their employees are proud to be associated with Schroders
- Even the city offices have outdoor space, with Schroders using their rooftops to create green spaces for pollinating plants
How to apply?
Secure your spot by clicking the Apply Now button and completing a short application. This is sure to be a very popular event, so make sure to apply sooner rather than later to avoid missing out.