Structural Analysis Software Developer Leeds 2024
Are you interested in positioning yourself with an innovative construction software industry leader and becoming one of our experts?
We are seeking someone with an interest in structural engineering, who understands structural mechanics and analysis to help us develop the next generation of Trimble structural software. You will join a team of software and structural specialists who are creating innovative new software to aid Structural Engineers, allowing them to design iconic steel-framed structures across the globe
To be successful in this role you will have either a background in structural engineering and want to move into construction software development OR have a high level understanding of software development and would like to gain experience in the construction software market.
As a Structural Analysis Software Developer, you will focus on developing analytical capabilities of our products, using your knowledge of the theories behind structural mechanics to deliver practical solutions to structural engineers using our software. You will develop innovative software that will be used by engineers on projects globally. You will be part of a team with decades of experience developing structural analysis and design solutions.
What You Will Do
- Develop and maintain critical functionality in Trimble’s structural analysis software
- Work with a domain specialist at Imperial College, London, to develop innovative and unique solutions to complex structural analysis problems
- Work with application domain experts to plan and implement solutions in Tekla products
- Perform thorough testing and use in-house testing tools to ensure that requirements are met reliably and robustly
- Work with support teams and customers to advise and assist with structural analysis problems as necessary
- Create technical documentation to explain complex concepts
What Skills & Experience You Should Bring
- Educational background in structural engineering or a related field
- Demonstrable excellent understanding of structural mechanics concepts
- Patience and the ability to work through problems methodically
- Excellent communication, to be able to explain complex concepts with clarity
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Be comfortable collaborating with colleagues around the world
- Programming experience would be beneficial but not essential
- Postgraduate study or previous work experience in structural mechanics or a related field would be beneficial
Salary & Benefits
- Competitive salary based upon your experience
- 37.5 hours per week
- Individual Private Health Care
- Income Protection Arrangements
- Annual Leave 25 days + pub hols + 1 Additional Leave Day as a "Day of Service" (or whatever you wish to use it as)
- Life Assurance 4x base salary
- Access to our Employee Share Scheme
- Company Pension
Who are Trimble
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity, and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety, and sustainability. From purpose-built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware, and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation, and logistics.
Structures division at Trimble Solutions Corporation provides the construction industry with Tekla Building Information Modelling (BIM) and structural design and analysis software solutions that are in the core of the construction workflow. The solutions allow customers to achieve greater competitive edge through improved collaboration, efficiency and accuracy. Tekla tools are used for realizing projects around the world from housing and bridges to factories and skyscrapers.
Trimble’s Inclusiveness Commitment
We believe in celebrating our differences. That is why our diversity is our strength. To us, that means actively participating in opportunities to be inclusive. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion have guided our current success while also moving our desire to improve. We actively seek to add members to our community who represent our customers and the places we live and work.
We have programs in place to make sure our people are seen, heard, and welcomed and most importantly that they know they belong, no matter who they are or where they are coming from.